Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swimming pool poster - no heavy petting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimming pool poster - no heavy petting...

Can anyone help me - i'm trying to locate a copy of the 'pool rules' poster that was displayed in swimming pools during the 70s/80s. It had cartoon drawings and a whole list of things you shouldnt do - i remember no heavy petting, no smoking, no diving.

I'm begining to doubt my own memory because i can't seem to source one anywhere!

Does anyone know the name of the artist, or where i might be able to find one - i've checked ebay.

Thanks

Today's 'heavy petters' can afford their own place or hotel room to do the bould thing anyway, and nobody smokes anymore so that poster would be a collectors' item for being a throwback to poorer and less healthwise days.
    Good luck in your search Princesstamjam & welcome to the site.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Royal Commonwealth Pool in Edinburgh used to have a sign. Get in touch with them. Maybe they can help.

Comment

Poster*

This poster is a classic! It used to be up in our School swimming pool! I think it said no petting, no spitting, no diving, no smoking and no bikinis as well as others!! My brother used to have a copy on his bedroom door when we where teenagers! I'm sure I've seen this poster for sale on a web site some where.... try www.allposters.co.uk www.wellcoolstuff.co.uk www.postershop.co.uk Hope this helps, good luck with your search!

Comment

Swimming Pool Poster - FOUND!!!

Go here!

http://www.isrm.co.uk/products/vintageposter.htm

Comment

Re: Swimming pool poster - no heavy petting...

Wow! That's a real blast from my personal past!!

I know this is an old thread to be ressurecting, but simply couldn't help myself...and lookie what I found:

Hope you guys enjoy, and it stirs a few chlorine-flavoured memories for you

Rob

Comment

I remember a few years ago there was a show on Channel 4 where someone tried to break all those rules in the shortest time.

The best sign I've seen at a swimming baths was at one in Whitley Bay 20 years ago.

It stated "We won't swim in our toilet, so please don't pee in our pool"! When me & a friend saw it we nearly fell about laughing.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Two of my local swimming pools had that kind of poster, but a little different. For 'petting', a woman says to a man, "No I don't want to see your breast stroke" and for 'shouting' a lifeguard yells "I said stop your shouting" to a man. I think the poster also had 'no spitting', that's spitting out water.

Comment

I used to enjoy walking into my local pool with a gymnast on my shoulders, snogging a girl, smoking a cigar and shouting.
                  Then I would run to the water, push someone in and bomb into the diving area before ducking the life guard.
                  For some reason they banned me
                  You can't do anything these days, it's political correctness gone mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                    I remember a few years ago there was a show on Channel 4 where someone tried to break all those rules in the shortest time.

The best sign I've seen at a swimming baths was at one in Whitley Bay 20 years ago.

It stated "We won't swim in our toilet, so please don't pee in our pool"! When me & a friend saw it we nearly fell about laughing.
                    Was it at Preston pool near Whitley Bay? That's where I grew up and I remember that sign. Spent many happy days at that pool
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

I can't remember the name but it was a short walk from the hotel was more or less on the sea front.

There as a window in the side of the diving pool so it was possible to look in.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

ahh, you were at the leisure pool. I never went there much because I was scared of the waves, but the council must have put the sign up in both pools.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

These posters are available in tea towel and mug form from LoveIgloo (http://www.loveigloo.com/thestore/frontpage.html ) . They also sell it on a T-Shirt and you can get each 'warning' on a fridge magnet! I have the tea towel and I starched it and framed it and it looks great in the bathroom!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	willpatronsteatowel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	259562
                          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Pics of other LoveIgloo stuff.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	page26_5.jpg
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	259565Click image for larger version

Name:	page26_2.jpg
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	259564Click image for larger version

Name:	page26_3.jpg
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	259563
                            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                              I can't remember the name but it was a short walk from the hotel was more or less on the sea front.

There as a window in the side of the diving pool so it was possible to look in.
                              I was just thinking about this the other day. I used to love the fact that you could see people underwater in the diving pool. We would sneak in if nobody was diving and dip under to wave out the window. It was the only pool I've ever known with a viewing window although I'm sure others must have existed. I doubt any pools are built with these now. Can anybody else remember any others?
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                              X