X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip ronnie wolfe a true legend

On The Buses writer Ronnie Wolfe dies

The comedy ran for four series in the 1970s
    Ronnie Wolfe, the writer of television sitcom On The Buses, has died after hitting his head in a fall, his son-in-law said.

... Mr Wolfe, 89, died on Sunday, three days after he fell down the stairs at a respite home in London.

The comedy show was first broadcast from 1969 to 1973 on LWT and ran for four series.

Arif Hussein, the husband of Mr Wolfe's daughter Kathryn, said his father-in-law was "absolutely wonderful".

"He was the kind of father-in-law most people dream about, absolutely.

"Most people talk about their in-laws as people who are interfering, but to me my in-laws were a dream.

"Ronnie was from day one, he was absolutely wonderful."

On the Buses was set in a bus depot, and was initially rejected by the BBC before finding a home at LWT and becoming hugely popular.

Its stars included Reg Varney, who played driver Stan Butler, and Stephen Lewis as Inspector Cyril "Blakey" Blake.

RIP Ronnie Wolfe

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: Rip ronnie wolfe a true legend

Sad to hear that. Seeing his name on the credits always made me smile because my Grandfather shared the same name.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

was very saddened to hear of his passing.
      r i p ronnie.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

His Writing Comedy book is very interesting.

Comment

Working...
        X