For any Deep Purple , Rainbow or Whitesnake fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For any Deep Purple , Rainbow or Whitesnake fans

I found this in one of my CD inlays . You might find it interesting .

Sammy
    Attached Files

Re: For any Deep Purple , Rainbow or Whitesnake fans

My mum's cousin was in one of the later updates of Rainbow,before Richie went all Medieval!!

tulip

Comment

the deep purple family tree charting all the spin-off groups from early deep purple i.e whitesnake/gillan/rainbow

Comment

Sadly,my cousin doesn't appear to be on this.His name was Doogie White!

tulip

Comment

Yeah. very interesting

Comment

I really enjoyed Rock Family Trees, it's a shame the BBC only made 2 series of them.

As well as some dedicated books Pete Frame's RFT's were printed in an early 1990s book on popular music.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by tulip View Post
              Sadly,my cousin doesn't appear to be on this.His name was Doogie White!

tulip
              Doogie White - Nice one. One of the greatest singers I've ever seen live. Seen him twice with La Paz a couple of years ago and also when he guested with Michael Schenker at High Voltage festival last year.

Comment

I remember that being reproduced, along with others for other bands on successive weeks, in Kerrang magazine years ago when I was a teenager. So long ago now.

Ian Gillan was and always will be gorgeous and his screaming is so so ****ing sexy. It sounds like he is having the best orgasm ever! I know what he does to me.
                - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
                - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by tulip View Post
                  My mum's cousin was in one of the later updates of Rainbow,before Richie went all Medieval!!

tulip
                  How fabulous! Medieval Richie is OK, just a bit bonkers. I remember seeing an interview on the telly with him for some documentary years and years ago and he actually said - and I will never forget this - that he was 'happy to just stay down at the bottom of his garden talking to the fairies'. His wife was just as mad as he was.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by kirky666 View Post
                    Doogie White - Nice one. One of the greatest singers I've ever seen live. Seen him twice with La Paz a couple of years ago and also when he guested with Michael Schenker at High Voltage festival last year.
                    Yeah,he is pretty good.Have you ever hear him sing Gethsemane from Jesus Christ Superstar?Amazing!He went for an audition,but is apparently too short to be Jesus!

People's poet,I think Richie has always been a bit bonkers.Doogie only got the gig by Richie's wife randomly picking a tape out a box!

tulip

Comment

Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
                      How fabulous! Medieval Richie is OK, just a bit bonkers. I remember seeing an interview on the telly with him for some documentary years and years ago and he actually said - and I will never forget this - that he was 'happy to just stay down at the bottom of his garden talking to the fairies'. His wife was just as mad as he was.
                      The sooner Ritchie stops kidding on he is Blackadder 2, the better and gets back to being a kick *** guitarist

As for Ian Gillan, in his time 70,80 and the early 90 one of the best singers in the world of rock. Im afraid time has not been kind to his voice. I appreciate that he is in his mid 60 so it is time to call it a day

Comment

I love Ian Gillan, a true British living legend. He could go on stage and sing passages from a telephone directory and I would still love it. Biased much?

He said on BBC documentary Heavy Metal Britannia 'What I do is called screaming'. True that, sounds like he is having an orgasm on stage! It's incredibly sexy screaming.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

I saw Rainbow, at the Rainbow theatre in london, I think it was called the "Between the Eyes" tour. They were using the big electric rainbow over the stage, looked fantastic, but caused a lot of trouble with the power it used. Later incarnations still have the rainbow, but it is not as animated as it was when I saw them. The rainbow was built by Bob See's See Factor company. I've been looking for some time for an online video of it in full action, but failed. See Factor could not help. Bob See died recently.

I saw Whitesnake for the first time last year, they played a gig in Helsingør, Denmark.

Comment

RB's Rainbow are playing the 02 soon with, among others The Sweet supporting!
                            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Deep Purple's latest (and probably final) studio album 'Infinite' is the first new vinyl I've bought in around a quarter of a century. It's classic DP material and, unlike some ageing front men, I think Gillan's voice sounds pretty damn good.
                              i'd almost forgotten the sensual pleasure of opening a gate-fold 12" album sleeve and lowering a stylus onto vinyl!

Comment

Working...
                              X