Turning Guests into pate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Guests into pate

Does anyone remember a UK TV programme-not sure if it was a one off or an episode of a horror anthology where a couple touring France stay at a hotel/B&B and try the house pate. It turned out the pate was in fact made from the previous guests!
    It is driving me nuts! I though it was a Tales of the Unexpeted episode but turns out is wasn't.
    Help please!

Re: Turning Guests into pate

Hmm. I remember seeing this and I could have sworn it was Tales Of The Unexpected. Are you sure it wasn't?
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

There was an English-language French film made in the early '70s starring Alain Delon, in which he played the doctor manager of a luxury health spa by the sea. A young woman recovering from cancer goes to stay there- it seems like a terrific place, everyone there is really friendly, and she ends up having a passionate affair with the Delon character. The only strange thing is, the spa employs a lot of poor young immigrant men who are never around for very long- they just seem to vanish, and others come along to take their place. Curious guests are told that they've found better jobs elsewhere and moved on, but the woman begins to have her suspicions. She discovers to her horror that the young immigrants are being killed off and their organs processed into the health foods & drinks served up in the spa's restaurant.
      It culminates in her having a fight to the death with the manager in the cosmetic surgery theatre, in which she fatally stabs him with a scalpel. Could this be the one you're thinking of??

Comment

I'll look again but I couldn't find it in the list of episodes-thanks

Comment

Thanks but no-it was defintely pate! Although no luck Googling this

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
          There was an English-language French film made in the early '70s starring Alain Delon, in which he played the doctor manager of a luxury health spa by the sea. A young woman recovering from cancer goes to stay there- it seems like a terrific place, everyone there is really friendly, and she ends up having a passionate affair with the Delon character. The only strange thing is, the spa employs a lot of poor young immigrant men who are never around for very long- they just seem to vanish, and others come along to take their place. Curious guests are told that they've found better jobs elsewhere and moved on, but the woman begins to have her suspicions. She discovers to her horror that the young immigrants are being killed off and their organs processed into the health foods & drinks served up in the spa's restaurant.
          It culminates in her having a fight to the death with the manager in the cosmetic surgery theatre, in which she fatally stabs him with a scalpel. Could this be the one you're thinking of??

Comment

I am sure i have seen something like this on TV,but i can't remember.The only thing i can think of,is the Vincent Price film: Theatre of Blood,where he did something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypat1a View Post
              Does anyone remember a UK TV programme-not sure if it was a one off or an episode of a horror anthology where a couple touring France stay at a hotel/B&B and try the house pate. It turned out the pate was in fact made from the previous guests!
              It is driving me nuts! I though it was a Tales of the Unexpeted episode but turns out is wasn't.
              Help please!
              I asked the same question on another forum over 10 years ago and never had a suitable answer at the time. I’ve since forgotten the webpage, and my log-in details etc. so for all I know somebody might have answered by now.

Over the years I have occasionally carried out a search on google but unless the correct words are submitted nothing close appears as a suggestion. Imagine my excitement when I came across this site a few years ago and my disappointment when I found no one was able to help. Alain Delon it definitely was not and I doubted Tales of the Unexpected was the correct answer either.

My memory was that Anton Rogers was the main character and the programme would have been something like Armchair Theatre or the Wednesday Play. A search on IMDB did not suggest any suitable matches so I assumed it must have been a different actor in the role.

With nothing to do for a while today I decided to have another go and a search using ‘Anton Rogers’ finally gave me the answer. The programme was a BBC Playhouse production aired 26th March 1982, called the Guest and starred Anton Rogers with Judy Cornwell as his wife. I can still picture the scene of them driving through the French countryside and arriving at the Hotel and the horror when they realised they were eating pate made from the previous guests.

Comment

So pleased to have an answer to this query as I've been puzzling over this one for years. It was one of two productions that amused me at the time. The other was a very middle class English family off by car to camp in France. They spend the holiday observing the odd behaviour of other families (including the other English family with a father who runs his family like a Regimental Sergeant Major - and a French couple in a caravan who have almighty arguments). Love to know how to track that one down.

Comment

Originally posted by igc.nineoaks@ntlworld.com View Post
                  So pleased to have an answer to this query as I've been puzzling over this one for years. It was one of two productions that amused me at the time. The other was a very middle class English family off by car to camp in France. They spend the holiday observing the odd behaviour of other families (including the other English family with a father who runs his family like a Regimental Sergeant Major - and a French couple in a caravan who have almighty arguments). Love to know how to track that one down.
                  that rings a bell, could be a screen one production maybe “Ball trap in the Cote Sauvage”
                  (try dailymotion.com)
                  Last edited by Semi42; 21-03-2021, 14:44.

Comment

Omg. Thanks Dautres. Thanks so much. That's the one...BBC Playhouse The Guest. Now, how can I get it on dvd??!!

Comment

Working...
                    X