Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Remember This Toy (picture attached)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Remember This Toy (picture attached)?

I was watching one of those Christmas toy programmes this week, and it had a clip of a robot which changed into a car (I don't think it was a Transformer), and it instantly brought back memories. However I can't remember what the toy / toyline was called.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have attached a picture.

Cheers
    -RTB
    Attached Files

Re: Does Anyone Remember This Toy (picture attached)?

Its a ROBO MACHINE WINCH TRUCK. Made by Ban Dai. I've still got mine with its box. You put 2 AA batteries in one of its legs and it works as a 4 wd truck that can pull itself up walls even with its winch and in Robot mode. It can also 'walk' in robot mode. Ban Dai also made a Helicopter version of this. I've even seen a blue and black version with a different head with stickers on it saying 'Cibie' don't know if it was an official Ban Dai product.

Comment

I have a very similar black one - not sure if it's made by Ban Dai, but it has 'Cosmic Robot' and 'The Robot Cosmic' on it.

Comment

Nice one SF

Heather

Comment

Good work all

Comment

Great, thanks all.

Comment

I know this is a little older post, but I was glad to find it! I have kept some of my toys from when I was a kid as well and it's fun to find out about them! I have been trying to find info on this toy! I have one that is similar, but different. Mine is black, says "The Robot Cosmic" and "Cosmic Robot" on it as well. Mine also turns into a truck and drives, but it has a chrome plastic winch (which is for looks). When it's in robot form... It walks like the other ones pictured here, but the head is chrome, the eyes light up red, it makes sounds through a speaker (underneath the topper) and holds a sword! Just wanted to add to this post, must be a hard to find toy, because this was the only info I found elsewhere! COOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mytoys View Post
                I know this is a little older post, but I was glad to find it! I have kept some of my toys from when I was a kid as well and it's fun to find out about them! I have been trying to find info on this toy! I have one that is similar, but different. Mine is black, says "The Robot Cosmic" and "Cosmic Robot" on it as well. Mine also turns into a truck and drives, but it has a chrome plastic winch (which is for looks). When it's in robot form... It walks like the other ones pictured here, but the head is chrome, the eyes light up red, it makes sounds through a speaker (underneath the topper) and holds a sword! Just wanted to add to this post, must be a hard to find toy, because this was the only info I found elsewhere! COOL!
                Post a pic.

Comment

Wow, cool indeed.
                  Never had one, but I want one now.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                    Post a pic.
                    I will try and post a pic by tomorrow!

Comment

i think i do remember that robot winch truck.

its very similar to the transformers.
                      i wonder is it based on them.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Do a Goggle on Bandai Robo Machine or Gobots by Tonka Darren - it'll explain everything. Easier than me typing it all out here.

Comment

It seems Mytoys hasn't posted any pictures of his, but I managed to find mine and here it is - the arm's at a funny angle because it's broken.

Comment

Originally posted by davidthomas27 View Post
                            It seems Mytoys hasn't posted any pictures of his, but I managed to find mine and here it is - the arm's at a funny angle because it's broken.
                            Never seen this one. I remember a kid at school had a variation to my Robo Winch Truck - the red areas were blue and the head was different, it had a proper face in white with black eyes and a blue helmet - the other parts matched the Robo Winch I have...his was called 'CIBIE'...never knew who made it. Same with yours...unless yours has 'BANDAI' on its underside denoting its a BANDAI product its a nice knock off made from the BANDAI Robo Winch Truck molds and altered in certain areas with new parts to not infringe copyright...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X