Fav radio and tv DJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fav radio and tv DJ

I liked Noel Edmonds when he presented the Radio One Breakfast Show in the seventies.I was first introduced to the music of Billy Joel and Harry Chapin via that show.When D.L.T took over from Noel I stopped listening and turned over to Rsdio 2 instead.Although I was born in 1960 and loved the pop music of the sixties and seventies I always had a soft spot for Radio 2.In the early seventies when I was off school I used to listen regularly to Pete Murray's Open House and Tony Brandon.

Comment

Radio 2 would have been my favourite choice of radio stations but I was a fan of radio 1 many decades ago Tony Blackburn with breakfast show,Pete Murray Alan Freeman some names I remember from 60s,also use to listen to Johnny Walker radio 1 lunchtime,before going back to afternoon school

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post

Paul Gambaccini & David Jensen; they both had distinctive voices
        I seem to recall listening to Kid Jensen on pirate radio Luxemburg in the early 70’s ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

John Peel played a lot of good stuff that you wouldn’t hear on daytime radio.It was a mixed bag though because he also played arty/experimental music that was tough to listen to.

Comment

For Tommy Vance was the man
            perfect voice for TFRS

incidentally there’s quite a few Track lists and recordings available online of The Friday Rock show, but nothing regarding his show on Saturday which was called Rock on.

Comment

Working...
            X