Fav radio and tv DJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fav radio and tv DJ

Terry Wogan was great, but I would have liked him on the air closer to 8.00 pm rather than 8.00 am either on television or radio - I always thought that good presenters are sometimes wasted when they are on when one is too busy getting ready for work or school. That is probably one reason why it took years for breakfast television to start in this country.

John Dunn was great doing drivetime but the problem is that because of travel news and all that, lots of listeners would tune into the local radio at that time - still, he was a first class broadcaster.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

As for Chris Evans...................

Total phleb I say lol
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Back in the mid 70s i worked in a posh club so got home very late and used to listen to R2s thru the night broadcasts known as "you and the night and the music" featuring news readers as the djs, a couple i remember was Colin Berry and Bill Rennells who did the Saturday late shift 2.00am till 6.00am, superb atmosphere and music, also Saturdays late show with the late Ray Moore was good esp, for its "blues in the night "segment a sort of "our tune" thing, fond memories.

Comment

I used to love Ray Moore on Radio 2 in the '80s! "Oh, my father had a rabbit and he thought it was a duck, so he stuck it on the table with its legs cocked up..."

Comment

Definitely Radio 2
            Bob Harris

Comment

Originally posted by hazel View Post
              I used to love Ray Moore on Radio 2 in the '80s! "Oh, my father had a rabbit and he thought it was a duck, so he stuck it on the table with its legs cocked up..."
              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Tommy vance.....rock on Tommy!!!

Comment

Vance had a great voice - pity that in later years he was limited to the Radio 1 Friday Rock Show.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                    Vance had a great voice - pity that in later years he was limited to the Radio 1 Friday Rock Show.
                    Agreed, he had a great voice for rock radio and he knew his stuff.

Comment

He did the Top 40 on Radio 1 in 1982-1983 - I used to keep finding C90s with his voice on, introducing the Human League, Duran Duran, Dexy's Midnight Runners and others.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Did anyone like Brian Matthews? He had a good voice and was very smooth, though not as knowledgeable as John Peel. You knew it was him when you heard him. His voice turns up on a lot of 'Live at the BBC' LPs and CDs.

I have a couple of annual style books from the late '60s and early '70s with features on radio DJs, a lot of the pirate stations employed Canadians for some reason, and there was a Radio Caroline alumni living in my home town over here, the local tv station was all over him when that Ship That Rocked film was out.
                        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Brian Matthew (no S at the end) was a great broadcaster as well - he was one of the original line up (as Genome tells us) on Radio 2. He was very much like Bob Harris as well, although I would put both of them in the same ballpark as John Peel.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                            Brian Matthew (no S at the end)
                            Oops. I'll have to keep that straight in future... file next to Cliff Richard (no S).
                            My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I love Brian Matthew! Radio 2 isn't the same without him.

Comment

Mine was Adrian Just on a Saturday morning. It was full of funny clips from T.V. and Radio.

Comment

Working...
                                X