Survival horror is bogus now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survival horror is bogus now!

Try playing the original Resident Evil / Biohazard or Silent Hill, compared with, say, RE5 or Dead Space. You can clearly see modern gamers prefer to be more about the action rather than the scare factor of the oldies, but I think that RE4 was the reason Silent Hill and Alone in the Dark got screwed up! Because they tried to incorporate action (much like RE4 did to Capcom's once excellent series) which obviously sounds good on paper, sure. In reality, not really. Huh?

Re: Survival horror is bogus now!

would love it if they took out an RE game done in the style of Dead Island, but hey! we all know that ain't gonna Happen
    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Survival horror still exists, just not in those games. Anyone who wasn't bugged out navigating the various subway systems of Fallout 3 is a liar. Even exploring the wastelands was filled with tension when all you had to defend yourself was a stick and a half broken pistol running low on ammo.

Comment

code veronica was the last great resi game since then theyve become more angled as 3rd person shooters and have easy game play

the worst resident evil games are the ones released on the wii they are just hard to control for a start and have ruined the whole genre
        psnetwork have new HD versions of the old games avaliable to buy might just give them a try

dead space 1 & 2 are good games in the old resi style dark places ,things jumping out at you and hard(ish) puzzles to solve

Comment

Yeah, I gave up on the Resi Evil on the Wii even with a gun with shoulder rest and Laser point, I still couldnt shoot fek all
          Dead space Games are Brill, but I am stuck on both of em :S
          One of the F.E.A.R. games ( can't remember which one, almost made me **** meself twice tho

Comment

The mannequins by any chance?

Comment

I had the 1st 3 Resident Evil games on PS 1 and used to stay up all night trying to complete them. I remember getting very frustrated the first few times cos I kept getting killed trying to kill the first zombie with a knife but I persevered and once I got into it I couldn't leave it alone. I loved playing them at night when the house was in darkness. It made moments like the cerberus coming through the window so much more effective. I'm not really up to date with what's available these days as I don't really have the time to spend several hours a day on a console. My Xbox 360 is in retirement until either my daughter takes an interest or Aliens: Colonial marines comes out.
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Dead Space scares me silly and I have trouble with Aliens vs Predator, especially playing the Colonial Marine missions. I think this is more of an atmospheric thing and having digital surround sound on th PS3 helps or not as the case may be!?

I had great difficulty playing Alien Trilogy on the Sega Saturn, again that was more atmospheric with the sound effects taken from the films, sitting playing it in the dark didn't help either.

Comment

O.....M.....G

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/104/104463.html

Gameplay a bit like Dead Space ( over the shoulder ) I can live with that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJny-0ATxqI

Comment

I just started playing Deadly Premonition tonight. It's weird. That's a massive understatement too. It's really really weird. Anyone else played it?

Comment

Working...
                    X