1st Album & Single you ever bought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1st Album & Single you ever bought

the first single I ever bought (or did my parents buy it) was MY DING A LING by Chuck Berry I think it was from Berkheads In Walton-on-Thames Allas the store is no more Can anybody remember the store?

Comment

Single was Kings of the wild frontier- Adam and the ants 1980
      Album again Kings of the wild frontier 1980.

Had heard there was a band going by the name of Adam and the ants and it stuck in my mind as a stupid name for a band. Then on the muti coloured swap shop i saw the video to Ant music and was mesmerised by his look and the catchiness of the tune. Didn't have a clue what it was called though.
      Took my hard earned 75p pocket money off to the record shop where they had all the top 40 singles displayed in a perspex frame numbered 1-40.
      Being not so tall in those days I started my search at number 40. Got up to about 33 and found Kings of the wild frontier. Bought it thinking i'd hear Antmusic when i got home. The opening drum sequence blew my mind and i was hooked forever............... it took me 10 years of sale bins searching before i got Antmusic.

Comment

Single: MC Sar & The Real McCoy - Run Away
        Album: Culture Beat - Whatever the heck the Culture Beat album was called

Needless to say, I revise history to claim that I never purchased singles and my first album was 'Parklife' by Blur (hey, it almost was).

Comment

Single - Fat Boys and the Beach Boys - Wipe Out
          Album - Suede by Suede

Comment

Single - Hey You The Rocksteady Crew - The Rocksteady crew
            Album - Thriller - Michael Jackson

Comment

I feel sorry for the current generation. I can't see a "What was the first track you downloaded" thread having much mileage.
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

ashes to ashes, david bowie

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                  I feel sorry for the current generation. I can't see a "What was the first track you downloaded" thread having much mileage.
                  Right, first things first first , (sorry to hijack this thread) secondly,

Just goes to show you, I was talking with a (older) colleague at work the other day, and I mentioned that "nowadays", first thing I do with a C.D. is rip it to the computer, to put onto my I pod, never to be played again, remember the days when you used to get a Vinyl Single, and you used to play it to death.... over and over, again and again, endlessly, happy memories.........

Comment

My 1st album was the 2001 A Space Odyssey Soundtrack. 1st Single was Seaside Shuffle by Terry Dactyl and the Dinosaurs in 1972!

Comment

Working...
                    X