Margaret Thatcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margaret Thatcher

Margaret Thatcher was born in 1925, the daughter of a humble grocer, and was later to become Britain

More...

Re: Margaret Thatcher

Margaret Thatcher......Milk Snatcher

Comment

The only thing I liked about the woman was when she said no she ment it and she was quick to act on the faulklands war(she had no option really but to act just to keep face with the british public).Apart from that......err......gulp....I'll pass.Not a good time for many people including myself employment wise.The rich got richer and the poor lost their jobs,and the country got sold out good and proper.The rest is history shall we say.

Comment

Can't even agree with the Faulklands. Dreadful woman.

Comment

I don't like her. I agree with battyrat. I think she did the right thing on The Falklands, it is a British Colony, it was invaded, but politically it was a way for her to increase her popularity at the time - even The Admiral Belgrano issue. War is war. Thats all I'll say so don't anyone start up an argument on here about it with me please.

However, the rich got richer, the poor suffered. She destroyed The Miners sadly as they were merely pawns of Scargill getting too big for his boots, and she didn't want to loose face. However, she should have kept the mines open, especially the ones that were still viable... I agree, she sold the once nationalised companies and sold the country off in the process. For me, the state the cost of living is in today is down in many ways to Thatcher's ill conceived ideas. At the time, she knew by selling off BP, British Gas, the National Grid, BT etc Government wouldn't be liable for responsibility but could still reap profits in tax...we basically pay the price for her actions way back when.

Comment

IMHO Thatcher was the worst thing to happen to this country.
            She created the ME ME ME and I WANT IT NOW society we have now, which has ultimately led to our downfall.
            Bring back the days when you saved up for things you wanted and didn't get into insurmountable debt.
            The anger and selfishness I see in people nowadays makes me very sad and I blame much of this on Thatcher's legacy.
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
            X