Multi-Coloured Swap Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Coloured Swap Shop

The Multi-Coloured Swap Shop was a live Saturday morning TV show presented by Noel Edmonds where kids would phone in to swap items with each other. The show became extremely popular during its six year run and before long there were Swaporamas (open-air Swap Shop events) around the country plus Swap Shop books and annuals.Noel Edmonds was assisted by co-hosts Keith Chegwin, Maggie Philbin and John Craven.

More...

Re: Multi-Coloured Swap Shop

yes it was superb.
    i remember those swaporamas.
    it ran from 1976 till 1982
    there where 146 episodes.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Then came the dire travesty that was Saturday Superstore....lol. However, when that ended we eventually had gold with Going Live...Phil and Sarah were brill and all was well for a while...til the ugly mess that t'was Live & Kicking came along....oh the pain William, the pain...

Comment

I only really remember the last year or so of Swap Shop (no Multi Coloured by then!), in the mid 1980's I watched No. 73 more, but when Going Live started I stuck with that.

By the time L & K started I had outgrown Saturday Morning TV.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Same with me. I vaguely remember Swap Shop being on but can't really remember it properly. Same with Saturday Superstore. I'm not sure if I just didn't watch much Saturday morning TV in the early 80's. There's vague memories of the other side too. Bit of Tiswas, No 73 and something called Razmatazz.

By the time Going Live appeared I was a regular viewer. That was a classic show.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Does anyone have any of the shows on video/dvd? I have been looking for years!

Comment

Originally posted by bakermuk View Post
              Alas no. Have you looked on YouTube? There are all kinds of clips there.

I was a big fan of most of the Saturday morning shows during the late 70s and through the 80s. But Swap Shop was easily my favourite. It was one of the highlights of my week for several years. Wonderful, warm memories.

Comment

Comment

Thanks Marine Boy - now theres a swap shop memory in itself! - I have seen all the clips on YT and it does bring some of those days back but they are very short sequences. I know a load of the shows got wiped in the early 80s but was just hoping to one day get just one copy and sit down and relive my childhood for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by bakermuk View Post
                    I've got the last ever episode (nabbed from a torrent site a few years back), it's a 2.5gb file iirc, I have no cd burner but if anyone wants to send me a memory stick or card I'll transfer it for you. If you want to send a 4gb I've also got an ep of Cheggars Plays Pop!

Actually- mods, would it be against forum rules to have a thread mentioning what we own that isn't commercially available?
                    I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

I remember Mum trying to get through to Swap Shop so I could talk to Basil Brush who was a guest.

Comment

Originally posted by willpurry View Post
                        I remember Mum trying to get through to Swap Shop so I could talk to Basil Brush who was a guest.
                        Basil was a guest a few times. I'm not sure how the phone thing went. But waiting to chat to him would have been major!

Comment

Originally posted by willpurry View Post
                          id have thought it very hard your mum trying to get through as im sure many other mums and dads were doing the same.

so did she get through in the end.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogames View Post

Actually- mods, would it be against forum rules to have a thread mentioning what we own that isn't commercially available?
                            Please see PM
                            Heather

Comment

It Started With Swap Shop

Just watched that again. So many fab memories of classic Saturday morning kids tv from BBC One. I remember as far back as Saturday Superstore!
                              - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
                              - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X