Little thing going round on Facebook at the moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little thing going round on Facebook at the moment

If you watched Grange Hill and Worzel Gummidge , had 3 TV channels, started school with singing in the main hall, played in the woods, made a den, a game was Kick the Can , Kiss, Cuddle or Torcher, or Tag? With not a computer in sight, rode your bike, had to be in before dark, got grounded if you were late, not even the home phone was mobile .... Vandalism was scratching the school desk with a compass, you recorded the top 40 off the radio on tape, got 10 sweets in a 10p mix and you turned out ok, then re-post, THIS IS WHEN BRITAIN WAS GREAT!! :-)
    Pity they can't spell torture, but I thought it was quite good
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: Little thing going round on Facebook at the moment

My kids do most that stuff I must be a good mum lol.
    In fact my boy is hardly ever home, he's out play every minute he can be.
    Heather

Comment

Ahh but does he record the top 40 on cassette?
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

see kids of today are missing out..............sat there with your tape recorder taping the top 20 .......not able to make a noise or it would be on the song too ......with your microphone on it's stand.............and you praying that your mum didn't open your door and ask you what you wanted for tea while the number 1 was on.

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
          see kids of today are missing out..............sat there with your tape recorder taping the top 20 .......not able to make a noise or it would be on the song too ......with your microphone on it's stand.............and you praying that your mum didn't open your door and ask you what you wanted for tea while the number 1 was on.
          I agree that they are missing out. I used to love going to HMV after pay day and coming back with a bag full of the latest 12" singles. It was a Saturday night ritual if I wasn't going out. Catching up on my latest tunes, 2 litre bottle of pepsi (or something stronger as I got older) and a big bar of Galaxy.

There's a thread on here about your first record bought. Imagine in 20 years when it'll be "What was the first song you downloaded?" (short thread that'll be).
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
          X