Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter cushing.

Peter cushing films.

The man in the iron mask 1939 Played opposite Louis Hayward to facilitate the double exposure scenes, and had a tiny role of his own)
    Laddie 1940
    Vigil in the Night 1940
    A Chump at Oxford 1940
    Women in War 1940
    The Howards of Virginia 1940)uncredited
    Dreams (1940)
    They Dare Not Love 1941uncredited)
    Hamlet 1948
    Pride and Prejudice 1952
    Moulin Rouge 1952
    1984 TV 1954
    The End of the Affair 1955
    Alexander the Great 1956
    Time Without Pity 1957
    The Curse of Frankenstein 1957)
    The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas 1957
    Violent Playground 1958)
    The Horror of Dracula 1958, released in the UK under the title Dracula
    The Revenge of Frankenstein 1958
    The Mummy 1959
    The Hound of the Baskervilles 1959
    John Paul Jones 1959
    The Flesh and the Fiends 1960
    The Brides of Dracula 1960
    Suspect 1960)
    Cash on Demand 1961
    The Hellfire Club 1961
    Fury at Smugglers' Bay 1961
    The Naked Edge 1961
    Night Creatures 1962
    The Evil of Frankenstein 1964
    The Gorgon (1964)
    Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965)
    Dr. Who and the Daleks (1965)
    She (1965)
    The Skull (1965)
    Island of Terror (1966)
    Daleks – Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. (1966)
    Frankenstein Created Woman (1967)
    Torture Garden (1967)
    Blood Beast Terror (1967)
    Corruption (1968)
    Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (1969)
    Incense for the Damned (1970)
    Scream and Scream Again (1970)
    The Vampire Lovers (1970)
    The House That Dripped Blood (1971)
    Twins of Evil (1971)
    Tales From The Crypt (1972)
    Dracula AD 1972 (1972)
    Fear In the Night (1972)
    Dr. Phibes Rises Again (1972)
    Asylum (1972)
    And Now the Screaming Starts! (1973)
    From Beyond the Grave (1973)
    The Creeping Flesh (1973)
    The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973)
    Horror Express (1973)
    Shatter (1974)
    Madhouse (1974)
    The Beast Must Die (1974)
    Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell (1974)
    The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires (1974)
    Tender Dracula (1974)
    Legend of the Werewolf (1975)
    Space: 1999 (TV) (1975) one episode
    The Ghoul (1975)
    Land of the Minotaur (1976) (aka The Devil's Men)
    Trial by Combat (1976)
    At the Earth's Core (1976)
    Star Wars Episode 4 A New Hope (1977)
    Shock Waves (1977)
    The Uncanny (1977)
    Arabian Adventure (1979)
    A Tale of Two Cities (TV) (1980)
    Mystery on Monster Island (1981)
    House of the Long Shadows (1983)
    The Masks of Death (1984)
    Top Secret! (1984)
    Sword of the Valiant (1984)
    Biggles: Adventures in Time (1986)

Peter was born Peter Wilton Cushing
    on the 26th May 1913
    in Kenley Surrey England
    he passed away on the11th August 1994 aged 81 in Canterbury Kent England
    He was an actor from 1939 until 1986.

he famously starred alongside another famous british actor in Christopher Lee.
    they starred in around 27 films together.

Christopher regards peter more than a friend closer than a brother or sister.
    And peter said the same of Christopher.

Even now Christopher is still very sad when peeople mention peters death.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Peter cushing.

In Star Wars: Episode 4, Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin is always seen from the waist up because he performed all his scenes wearing carpet slippers! The boots from his Imperial uniform costume were so ill-fitting that they hurt his feet.

As a Morecambe & Wise fan I greatly enjoy his numerous appearances on their show. The running gag was that Cushing was never paid for his first appearance and subsequent appearances had him unsuccessfully trying to collect from Eric & Ernie. This appearance from 1973, in my opinion, is the most memorable.

Comment

These are among my favourite Peter Cushing films. Some of the others mentioned, I know I’ve seen but I cant remember them to rate them.

Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965) : I’d love to see this one again, a great collection of spooky stories, told by Cushing’s character on a train as he reads a group of passengers’ futures. My favourite was the disembodied hand and the evil plant…oh and the vampire wife was good too.

She (1965): The scene with the beautiful Ursula Andress turning into a withered old crone and decaying skeleton in the fire of eternal youth disturbed me as a child. Great film though.

Island of Terror (1966): Was this the one about these big turtle-like creatures that were sucking the bones out of folk???

Twins of Evil (1971): I enjoyed this Hammer film. One good twin and one evil vampire wannabe brazen hussy, enter Peter Cushing as the puritanical nutter uncle.

Asylum (1972): This was great, the first inmate Bonnie’s story frightened me so much! Her lover murders his voodoo practicing wife, chops her up, wraps her in brown paper and lobs her in the freezer. Her bits and pieces crawl out and do away with him.

From Beyond the Grave (1973): Great anthology of stories here, each one beginning with customers in a little curiosity shop. The first one with David Warner playing the chap who buys an antique mirror. At night a weird individual appears in it demanding to be ‘fed’ (by Warner’s character murdering random ladies and burying them under the floorboards as far as I remember)

The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973): This made an impression on me ‘cos there’s a nudie woman lying on a table for ages before she is sacrificed, chicken blood and all. Big embarrassing in them days with your mam and dad in the room when there’s boobies on tv.

Horror Express (1973): This was an unusual and entertaining film. This creature was unearthed up the mountains in the snow somewhere, is transported on a train. Stares at people and sucks their minds or memories out of them I think. Telly Savalas was in it too.

The Beast Must Die (1974): Great werewolf whodunit. There’s a break in it called ‘The Werewolf Break’ where you try and guess which guest is the werewolf. Good surprise ending.

The Ghoul (1975) : Peter Cushing plays a man who’s keeping a ghoulish son locked up in his big spooky mansion. He leaves bowls of person stew outside his room. Spooky idea.

Top Secret! (1984): Really good spoof imo.

Comment

Yes you are correct about island of terror ann.
        it was set on an island off the coastr of ireland.
        The creatures had these very long necks about the length of an entire snake.

Cuashing loses a hand due to being bit by one as he stood by a car.

Comment

I love watching Peter Cushing films.The way he physically exerts himself around the sets of the film: Brides of Dracula,was incredible.He really made that film exciting to watch. I
          love how gentle the Island of Terror film and music is.

Island of Terror 1966

Comment

Island of Terror 1966,which i think,was re made as Night of the Big Heat in 1967,which starred Sir Christopher Lee.

I did try to post this movie in the post above,but my firefox crashed while doing so,hence the big empty spaced gap in the post above.

Comment

I remember seeing him being interviewed with many years ago. He mentioned the infamous rat scene in 1984, & his confused childhood because his mum wanted a girl & made him wear dresses.

I've got a feeling there was a film with an ace sounding team-up of Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee & Vincent Price in a horror film.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I do apologize,it seems i have posted the film twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                  I remember seeing him being interviewed with many years ago. He mentioned the infamous rat scene in 1984, & his confused childhood because his mum wanted a girl & made him wear dresses.

I've got a feeling there was a film with an ace sounding team-up of Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee & Vincent Price in a horror film.

My mother wanted a girl,and so did my father and brother.I never grew up having to wear dresses though.I grew up hearing how they dispised my existence,wished i hadn't been born and wanted to get rid of me and have a girl.Families can be really horrible.I sympathize with Peter Cushing.

Comment

that would be house of the long shadows mate.
                    from 1983.[

a film i do have.

QUOTE=Richard1978;169751]I remember seeing him being interviewed with many years ago. He mentioned the infamous rat scene in 1984, & his confused childhood because his mum wanted a girl & made him wear dresses.

I've got a feeling there was a film with an ace sounding team-up of Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee & Vincent Price in a horror film.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                    X