Bought a Waterloo Road Tie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Waterloo Road Tie

Though as I guess a lot know on here that Grange Hill is my life, I always wanted either a GH Sweater and/or Tie, but doubt will ever bear frutation now! So this was the next best thing and though WR has only being going 6 years - it's thing's like this that hold nostalga is'nt it? Anything from a TV Programme - that is realted automaticaly becomes memorabila or raer etc etc then

Re: Bought a Waterloo Road Tie from an ex extra

Not a WR fan but would so love something from Grange Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
      Not a WR fan but would so love something from Grange Hill
      Like what Marine Boy? One of their Ties?

I have to be pleased as this is the next best thing for me!

Comment

Hmm,......... I know what I'd like! Mr Bronson's hair piece! lol

Comment

Me too.I could use a new mop That's cool,Chaz.Do you tie it the Grange Hill way?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
            Though as I guess a lot know on here that Grange Hill is my life, I always wanted either a GH Sweater and/or Tie, but doubt will ever bear frutation now! So this was the next best thing and though WR has only being going 6 years - it's thing's like this that hold nostalga is'nt it? Anything from a TV Programme - that is realted automaticaly becomes memorabila or raer etc etc then
            well done on the tie mate..
            Well never give up on getting a gh tie,or sweater mate.
            who is to know what a day might bring.

but anything related to a tv show you get is nostalgia.

and yes i love GH as well.

when did u get the tie.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              well done on the tie mate..
              Well never give up on getting a gh tie,or sweater mate.
              who is to know what a day might bring.

but anything related to a tv show you get is nostalgia.

and yes i love GH as well.

when did u get the tie.
              I knew you'd reply to my thread, Darren mate. Yeah it is all about nostalga, I mean I even bought some of the Only Fools and Horses Collection in magazine format they brought out about 10 years ago cos I love it so much so. Though i've not got them all, it all equals to nostalga for me. I got my Tie Friday the 13th of Jan mate, and bhoy did I think trapsing about 35/40 miles to Halifax to meet the guy would be "Friday the 13th" as many thing's looked like they were going wrong that day I can tell you mate.

I am happy with the WR Tie, but I thought seeing as the guy's on it generaly are young adults and only so many are kids it may be an adult's tie, as they looklike they are on there but i'm unsure if my one is or not (knot) Lol, but yeah it serves it's duty and is to have it worn "thin-side-out" only as opposed to the WR trend of Chunky (which pains me to admitt suits it better sadly) I think Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                I knew you'd reply to my thread, Darren mate. Yeah it is all about nostalga, I mean I even bought some of the Only Fools and Horses Collection in magazine format they brought out about 10 years ago cos I love it so much so. Though i've not got them all, it all equals to nostalga for me. I got my Tie Friday the 13th of Jan mate, and bhoy did I think trapsing about 35/40 miles to Halifax to meet the guy would be "Friday the 13th" as many thing's looked like they were going wrong that day I can tell you mate.

I am happy with the WR Tie, but I thought seeing as the guy's on it generaly are young adults and only so many are kids it may be an adult's tie, as they looklike they are on there but i'm unsure if my one is or not (knot) Lol, but yeah it serves it's duty and is to have it worn "thin-side-out" only as opposed to the WR trend of Chunky (which pains me to admitt suits it better sadly) I think Darren.

what an unlucky day to get it mate.
                if you believe in that sort of thing.

so u saying mate u had to go 35 to 40 miles to meet this fella.
                if it was a GH tie id bet you would go as far as was needed to get it.

what only fools and horses did ties in magazine format.
                or have i got this wrong chav.

Comment

what an unlucky day to get it mate.
                  if you believe in that sort of thing.

so u saying mate u had to go 35 to 40 miles to meet this fella.
                  if it was a GH tie id bet you would go as far as was needed to get it.

what only fools and horses did ties in magazine format.
                  or have i got this wrong chav.
                  Hmm it was a lucky day, Darren (though I believe in superstitioin). If it was any part of the Grange Hill Uniform i'd go where-ever unless it invloved having to go to say Aberdeen to cross to Inverness .... then i'd probably just go by Plane instead! Do you think the Waterloo Rd Tie would look cool with just the thin side only out?

Comment

hi chav meant to ask how did u find out about this fella you bought the tie from.
                    was he selling it put an add in he paper or did you just make him an offer even though he did want to sell it.

can you remmber his name

Comment

hi chav meant to ask how did u find out about this fella you bought the tie from.
                      was he selling it put an add in he paper or did you just make him an offer even though he did want to sell it.

can you remmber his name
                      It was a long story really Darren, but I had a a disagreement on another Forum with me, he tried to get me banned .... then on the 12th of Jan he popped upon Facebook I.M, I said ok i'll add you but no funny games this time, you owe me that at least I said and then he told me he got this Tie as keepsake, I made him an offer he said he'd sleep on it and let me know the Friday, which he did mate!

So, what do you think Darren, it'd look good worn on the thin-side out only or not?!!

Comment

Must have been an extremely wide tie if he could sleep on it .....and yeah,Dazza will be top poster if he stays here long enough

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                          Must have been an extremely wide tie if he could sleep on it .....and yeah,Dazza will be top poster if he stays here long enough
                          Very wity Stud1al indeed yeah!!!

As I say it's not "Grange Hill related" from the show but it's s good good close 2nd, which i'm happy about.

Comment

Yeah,not many people would have one of those.Thanks.I try but do not often succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                              Yeah,not many people would have one of those.Thanks.I try but do not often succeed.

Tell me about it, Studa1al, I snapped the guy's heels off to broker a deal!! I still disagree with you though sadly ..... it's got to be the thin bit alone out (Grange Hill style)!! Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X