Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: School's being "rough"

Default Re: School's being "rough"

Very interesting I'm surprised no parents found out & blew the whistle on it.
    The Trickster On The Roof

I think that the Library at my secondary school was far from unique on a national basis. I was informed about another secondary school in my town ruled by a similar group of kids called the Vigils that also had a similar cosy relationship with the governors. Remember that school governors have the authority to sack teaching staff which probably explains why the teachers tried to pretend that the Library didn't exist or didn't victimise kids.

It wouldn't surprise me if academies and free schools are more likely to be ruled by similar groups than an average secondary school because these are places where governors have more power and authority and they rule with a cliquey attitude. They don't like kids that don't fit in or are likely to give the school a bad reputation.

Amazing to think uve learned another school in ur town was the same way as the one u went to.

Still not right tho that kids have this authority to over other kids.
    Be better if one or two of the teachers had this authority.

I certainly in my time at school never knew of such things happening at my school.

Quote Originally Posted by arran View Post
    i think that the library at my secondary school was far from unique on a national basis. I was informed about another secondary school in my town ruled by a similar group of kids called the vigils that also had a similar cosy relationship with the governors. Remember that school governors have the authority to sack teaching staff which probably explains why the teachers tried to pretend that the library didn't exist or didn't victimise kids.

It wouldn't surprise me if academies and free schools are more likely to be ruled by similar groups than an average secondary school because these are places where governors have more power and authority and they rule with a cliquey attitude. They don't like kids that don't fit in or are likely to give the school a bad reputation.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

What a terrible experience. Sounds like Lord of the Flies with bits of Orwell's 1984 thrown in. I wonder what became of the "Library" lot? My guess is either Prison or they're probably members of The Illuminati by now.

Quote Originally Posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    What a terrible experience. Sounds like Lord of the Flies with bits of Orwell's 1984 thrown in. I wonder what became of the "Library" lot? My guess is either Prison or they're probably members of The Illuminati by now.
    Interesting that you mention the Illuminati.

There were two brothers that were both younger than me at my primary school who later (at different times) became members of the Library at my secondary school. They were the sons of a local doctor who also owned two Indian(!) restaurants and at some time he became a governor at my secondary school. Both his sons were quite gentle kids and anything but vindictive so it intrigued me how they became members of the Library when my own experience of it was a bunch of obnoxious and condescending bullies who enjoyed dishing out injustices. They seemed very out of place and it made me wonder whether there was more to the Library than meets the eye. Was it an outpost of the Freemasons or some other secretive society? I can remember that one of the governors during my time was the wife of fairly high ranking police officer.

I know in my secondary school it was the kids who where in control.

The teachers where very soft.
    Many times i saw pupils in my class assert there authority over the teachers.

Some teachers where stronger and others could not handle it.

Saw my secondary school teacher a lady in trs it got so bad.

This is so true Darren what you say - it was very much so at my First Secondary that certain older years could reduce the Teachers to tears for any given thing

Though at the same time, they could be very caring like a girl I knew in the 5th Year (when I was in the First Year) or rather she was in Year 11 and I was in Year 7 in today's currency and she would help anyone like straight up - no questions asked . It was the same for my Geography Teacher there - kids who knew how to be "creepy crawley's' with him to have him on side - but though a lot was bad they weren't really bad ... it was just the pace of life then and a truly different era to these day's - especially living in a small town that was still relatively small

80sChav

Another thing is when u reach secondary school thats when kids from different primary schools join together.

I remember finding that quite scary at the time.

I could tell secondary school was rougher as the pupils where older and theyd challenge the teachers more.

But theres more chance of a school being rougher my secondary school was cause pupils from different primary schools join togEther.

YES UR CORRECT 80'S CHAV.

I GENUINELY FELT BAD FOR THE TEACHERS WHO GOT IT BAD ONE BEING MY FORM TEACHER IN MY FIRST YEAR OF SECONDARY.

SHE CANT HAVE BEEN MORE THAN IN IN HER MID TWENTIES.
    Last edited by darren; 26-01-2016 at 17:30.

I went to lower, middle , then upper

lower and middle schools were good but my upper school was an absolute hole but to be honest I loved the place some of my best friends were made there and we still see each other for a beer regularly

as for the school they knocked it down in the end and built a new academy on the site and ironically all my kids went there and its a brilliant school
    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

At my secondary school the teachers were well in control, apart from the odd incident.

In fact some teacher had too to much power, & I'm sure if pupils had a say in teaching performance would have had them sacked years before.
    The Trickster On The Roof