School's being "rough"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School's being "rough"

I know in my secondary school it was the kids who where in control.

The teachers where very soft.
    Many times i saw pupils in my class assert there authority over the teachers.

Some teachers where stronger and others could not handle it.

Saw my secondary school teacher a lady in trs it got so bad.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

This is so true Darren what you say - it was very much so at my First Secondary that certain older years could reduce the Teachers to tears for any given thing

Though at the same time, they could be very caring like a girl I knew in the 5th Year (when I was in the First Year) or rather she was in Year 11 and I was in Year 7 in today's currency and she would help anyone like straight up - no questions asked . It was the same for my Geography Teacher there - kids who knew how to be "creepy crawley's' with him to have him on side - but though a lot was bad they weren't really bad ... it was just the pace of life then and a truly different era to these day's - especially living in a small town that was still relatively small

80sChav

Comment

Another thing is when u reach secondary school thats when kids from different primary schools join together.

I remember finding that quite scary at the time.

I could tell secondary school was rougher as the pupils where older and theyd challenge the teachers more.

But theres more chance of a school being rougher my secondary school was cause pupils from different primary schools join togEther.

YES UR CORRECT 80'S CHAV.

I GENUINELY FELT BAD FOR THE TEACHERS WHO GOT IT BAD ONE BEING MY FORM TEACHER IN MY FIRST YEAR OF SECONDARY.

SHE CANT HAVE BEEN MORE THAN IN IN HER MID TWENTIES.
        Last edited by darren; 26-01-2016, 17:30.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I went to lower, middle , then upper

lower and middle schools were good but my upper school was an absolute hole but to be honest I loved the place some of my best friends were made there and we still see each other for a beer regularly

as for the school they knocked it down in the end and built a new academy on the site and ironically all my kids went there and its a brilliant school
          Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

At my secondary school the teachers were well in control, apart from the odd incident.

In fact some teacher had too to much power, & I'm sure if pupils had a say in teaching performance would have had them sacked years before.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

To really sum up my first Secondary School - how rough it was and this really narrows it down was a kid in the 4th or 5th Year hit Fly on a Window so hard in the Geography Room on the 4th/5th floor - that it knocked the Window Pain flying straight out

80sChav

Comment

my school was great - juniors used to fight each other in playground, then in secondary school in a big converted mansion house type building, me and mate used to chase younger lads around the site and 'duff' them up , in a 'nice way' - not to really hurt them. They used to enjoy the chase up and down stairwells and yards/corridors, and so did we.
                and then there were the fights with the school down the road at lunchtime - Gordo hit their leader so hard the rest just dropped their 'weapons' and ran away chased by us......great times !
                Or did I dream it all ?
                WE WERE THE SWEENEY, AND WE HADN'T HAD OUR DINNER ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  exactly my secondary school was tough.
                  at times i hated it but it has taught me to stick up for myself.

There where many people in my class who where nasty people and i just avoided them.
                  One day id have friends then fall out the next day and so on.
                  as i have said previous Daz - we must be twins mate! Lost at birth at that too

As you said too in your reply to Arran's thread previous - this truely totaly is mind-boggling stuff indeed and so sureal even to a degree (though of course stuff like this does occur/happen) mate

80sChav

Comment

My first Secondary really was like Grange Hill - what happened to Vince in Series 10, when Imelda vcut his Tie was a daily occurance at mine - if you riled the wrong kids as was Nutmegging the Tie - though that was lesser so! Somehow I avoided this though - as it often occured more for those who wore their Ties/Uniform smartly - think Jeremey Bishop on Grange hill - though if it had been Imelda herself of Fleur Taylor personaly rather, she could have done it 5 day's a week to "said Tie" and I would have found "exscuse after exscuse to keep them runing, as reasons tell my Mum what had happened to it"

Though on the other hand I'd have "done an hollo and loaned one off a mate as he did for Vince, or may-be a Trev and "bborrowed" one off a mate as alternative viable reasons!!

Talk about a "pack of Wolves" they'd nick out off you/damage/vandalise anything in sight/anything going if they could (and that includes the Kids expelled or tried to get in again after leaving 5th Year (as it was known back then) in that era's currency!!

80sChav
                    Last edited by 80sChav; 09-02-2020, 17:33.

Comment

You should have gone to my Comprehensive School in the early 1990s - you know how "Fight Arranger" is credited at the end of violent episodes of soap operas and dramas? Well, I am certain that my school had several of them!

I went home from school on Wednesday afternoon limping because of a fight - no, it wasn't myself who participated in the fight itself, but two boys were fighting in the corridor between lessons. I was standing or walking within a couple of feet of them, and all of a sudden they spilled over into my direction, I toppled over onto the floor like a skittle being hit by a ball, and hurt my ankle, hence the limping. I suppose I should have looked where I was going properly, but on the other hand, they shouldn't have been fighting, should they?

Two kids in my form literally did a Bruno v Tyson in the Art room, and the Art teacher had to become referee and stop the fight in the first round.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                        You should have gone to my Comprehensive School in the early 1990s - you know how "Fight Arranger" is credited at the end of violent episodes of soap operas and dramas? Well, I am certain that my school had several of them!

I went home from school on Wednesday afternoon limping because of a fight - no, it wasn't myself who participated in the fight itself, but two boys were fighting in the corridor between lessons. I was standing or walking within a couple of feet of them, and all of a sudden they spilled over into my direction, I toppled over onto the floor like a skittle being hit by a ball, and hurt my ankle, hence the limping. I suppose I should have looked where I was going properly, but on the other hand, they shouldn't have been fighting, should they?

Two kids in my form literally did a Bruno v Tyson in the Art room, and the Art teacher had to become referee and stop the fight in the first round.
                        A paint fight was it George mate!!?

those was the besy - just not in your Ben Sherman Shirt (which we donned often instead of plain ones) as the Logo sent the Teachers crazy!! That followed by Tie Fights was the two best ones (not as I endorse/support/approve of fighting) mind

Comment

Any sort of fight - and I bet it was red paint for obvious reasons...
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                            Any sort of fight - and I bet it was red paint for obvious reasons...
                            Not like on GH when Hollo and Vince painted Vince's Trainers Red after one got Red Paint on it hey George!!?

Cue Ziggy's classic line "like it, Liverpool Trainers", which was before Coloured Trainers become popular about 7 years after Series 10!!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                              Not like on GH when Hollo and Vince painted Vince's Trainers Red after one got Red Paint on it hey George!!?

Cue Ziggy's classic line "like it, Liverpool Trainers", which was before Coloured Trainers become popular about 7 years after Series 10!!!

80sChav
                              Yes I remember that.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I was lucky .. being a pretty good footie player I was kinda protected somewhat as the **** of year ( as we moved up ) used to ‘look like after me on and off the pitch ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X