Button Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Button Moon

WAS A WEIRD SHOW POOR VACUUM CLEANER LIVING ON BUTTON MOON.

RAN FROM DECEMBER 8TH 1980 UNTIL DECEMBER 1ST 1988.
    WHICH IS LONGER THAN ID THOUGHT.

HERES AN EPISODE.

https://youtu.be/2A_cHQJTyzU

SO CREATIVE TO CREATE CHARACTERS OUT OF EVERYDAY HOUSEHOLD OBJECTS.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I remember Mr Spoon's head was a plate & a frying pan, & had a bottle torso & wooden spoons for arms.

The vaccum cleaner that lived on Button Moon was a bit weird IIRC.
    Last edited by darren; 16-06-2016, 12:30.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

OMFG just a button on a black canvas - kids simple play a television show? Budget? Zero lol
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I really like this show... in small doses anyway. Hard to get the song out of my head sometimes!
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I picked up a DVD of this show last week at a Charity Shop for my toddler to watch, instead of all these noisy shows they seem to have nowadays.

Comment

Didnt realise it was on dvd ive a feeling he/she will like it.

Great how they mad characters out of bits and pieces like buttons .etc.
            Very creative.

Originally posted by mulletino View Post
            i picked up a dvd of this show last week at a charity shop for my toddler to watch, instead of all these noisy shows they seem to have nowadays.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              Very creative.
              Very creative? The BBC (I believe it was) was at a loss what to commission next? Then some bright spark (NOT) said "How about a button on a black canvas? We could call it button moon!!"

And thus Button Moon was born lol

I reckon the BBC had spent their budget for that year so they wanted a simple kids show very cheap. 'Very Cheap' being sod all/free lol
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Twocky, it was a Thames Television production, not the BBC, though still cheap as chips. I seem to remember it being shown at lunchtimes, in the same slot that Rainbow would sometimes occupy, but as it ran for such a long time, it could have jumped around a bit. Remember Mr and Mrs Spoon's daughter, Tina Teaspoon?

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                  Twocky, it was a Thames Television production, not the BBC, though still cheap as chips. I seem to remember it being shown at lunchtimes, in the same slot that Rainbow would sometimes occupy, but as it ran for such a long time, it could have jumped around a bit. Remember Mr and Mrs Spoon's daughter, Tina Teaspoon?
                  Yes that sounds right, it ran from about 1982 to about 88.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                    The Rainbow/Pipkins slot

Tina Teaspoon? OMFG who thinks up these shows? Someone on acid? lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, Pipkins also occupied that lunchtime slot, though by the time Button Moon began, it was in its death throes.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                        The Rainbow/Pipkins slot

Tina Teaspoon? OMFG who thinks up these shows? Someone on acid? lol
                        Quite a few children's shows seem quite carzy!

Let's Pretend was another in the same timeslot.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                        X