Button Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button Moon

Does anyone remember Button Moon? I used to watch it when I was a kid, but none of my friends remember it. I think it was from the 80s and my mam and dad saved it for when I was born in the early 90s. Mind you, My mam and dad were still New Romantics intill the late 90s! :P
    If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Re: Button Moon

here it is mate.
    check the link.
    http://youtu.be/dew8r1QV5Is

yes i watched it regular.
    ut ran from december 8th 1980 until December 1st 1988/
    there where 7 series which totalled 91 episodes.

each episode was ten mins long.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Crikey, that takes me back! I remember after seeing it bean tins became rockets, good thing they weren't the easy open ones! I'm going to have to dig out my old VHs tapes of it now, hope they didn't end up as charity shop stock...

Comment

Originally posted by Llamarama View Post
        Crikey, that takes me back! I remember after seeing it bean tins became rockets, good thing they weren't the easy open ones! I'm going to have to dig out my old VHs tapes of it now, hope they didn't end up as charity shop stock...
        im glad i brought memories back for you.
        Looking back it shows how simple the show was as in button moon being just a button and an old tin as a rocket,yes it simple but it qwas effective for the show.
        And i sure enjoyed it.

Comment

It shows what kids shows are like nowadays. Back then you could convince kids that the moon looked like a big button and tins were fully capable space craft. Now it's all showing off with CGI and visual effects. Thank's for re-kindeling

Comment

I used to love Button Moon - it was narrated by Peter Davidson Didn't Mrs Spoon just hand out at home while Mr Spoon went off on adventures, hmm!

Comment

Loved that show. The stuff they used to make it all was so recognisable - we used to have an orange version of Mr Spoon's hat plate and I remember the rocket was a Heinz Beans tin with funnel on the top. Think the base was a Heinz steamed pudding tin too. I remember there was a character called Egbert in it.

Comment

I remember Mr Spoon's head was a plate & a frying pan, & had a bottle torso & wooden spoons for arms.

The vaccum cleaner that lived on Button Moon was a bit weird IIRC.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It was a surreal show, but it was great fun

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                    I remember Mr Spoon's head was a plate & a frying pan, & had a bottle torso & wooden spoons for arms.

The vaccum cleaner that lived on Button Moon was a bit weird IIRC.
                    He didn't have a frying pan, it was a plate for a hat.

Comment

IIRC Mr Spoon's head was a frying pan (the handle forming his nose), with an upside down plate on top acting as a hat
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                        IIRC Mr Spoon's head was a frying pan (the handle forming his nose), with an upside down plate on top acting as a hat
                        i always thought his head was a pan, but apparently not, it was two 'dishes'

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by trouser_mouse View Post
                          I used to love Button Moon - it was narrated by Peter Davidson Didn't Mrs Spoon just hand out at home while Mr Spoon went off on adventures, hmm!
                          narrated by peter dvbison now that i did nt lnow.
                          Although when watching it on youtube earlier his voice sounded very familiar.

Comment

It wasn't narrated by Davidson. Robin Parkinson narrated. Davidson and then wife Sandra Dickinson sung the theme song.

Mr Spoon's head was made of a saucepan with handle for nose and a plate for his hat.

Comment

I must say I never thought Mr. Spoon's head would be such a hotly debated subject! I would say It's an enameled milk pan with a soup bowl on top, but those who made the actual program don't even seem 100% sure. One of life's great mysteries I guess

Comment

Working...
                              X