Your favourite School Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your favourite School Subjects

CDT was metal work and woodwork at my secondary school.
    i did both.
    dont know if it consisted of other subjects.

art i liked, but the teacher mr weir must have been near pension age and not very helpful.
    yes H.E i liked made many an apple tart.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    Hmn CDT was one of the better (sort of Science related subjects) I think, I quite liked it but I choose Home Economics instead (well at least at my first Secondary we had that option until I think Year 9). This though was before the day's of Science being described as Art, CDT, Drama etc. Quite a good subject indeed - even though I was poor at it.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

English,PE, History and 1 years worth of Chemistry.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
        Easy one for me - Art, and Graphics. Both the Art & Graphics teachers were among the best teachers I had, and I've always enjoyed drawing. Maybe there wouldn't now be three books on the market with my artwork on the covers if I hadn't had such a great tutoring of it in those early days.
        Can you show us the book covers? Cheers.

Comment

I liked Art, English, Religeous Studies and History - I wish I could have done History for my GCSE's but the 'options' method to choose from meant I couldn't choose it so had to do Geography. I really liked the WW2 History lessons as I was still reading comics about WW2 which were actually very good at teaching kids about the War...

Comment

One problem I had was liking the subjects but not having teacher's that could get the best out of me.

When I did my options I chose Home Economics & Art, but didn't like them as much as I thought. Didn't pass either GCSE's as a result.

I didn't really like Humanities either, but somehome managed to pass the exam.

Maths was a subject I didn't like in my earlier years, but for the last 2 years I had a really good teacher who knew how to explain quite complex concepts in a way I could understand. I managed to pass at GCSE, though I struggled at the mocks because we hadn't covered some areas at that point.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Mine was biology, although when I started it they had stopped dissecting real things and it was videos we got. Everything else was fine though.

Comment

History, English and Geography.............hated maths, physics, science etc.

Comment

Loved History, Sociology, Physics, French & Maths. Didin't like English Language but enjoyed English Literature (2 totally seperate lessons in our school).
                  Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

PE - especially in 5th year when all we seemed to get was a double period of indoor football, with the 2 best PE teachers in the school, so much fun.

Science - interesting

German - learning a different language was great and i kicked *ss in this class cos i found German so easy since alot of words are so close to their English counterparts, and my memory was always top notch, without even trying i was the best in the class

Geography - loved learning about the world

Lifeskills - this class was so laid back cos we had the coolest teacher in the school, and it was always a laugh

Computing - i love computers, only class i ever got a 1 in (highest grade)

Comment

History
                      Modern Studies
                      English Literature
                      Latin

Comment

Pretty much liked everything apart from French. Would have prefered to study German but French was compulsary for 'o' level and German was an option that didn't fit with my other choices.

Comment

I took three years of German. What I like about German is that it's not a difficult language to learn and once you know it some of the other related languages such as Swedish, Dutch, Norwegian, etc. aren't that difficult to figure out. Actually Swedish is the closest to English in terms of its grammar and lexicon.

Comment

I didn't realise Swedish was that close, though I would understand the odd bit of Wallander without having to read the subtitles.

IIRC Friesian (spoken on the German / Dutch border) is supposed to be close to English was 1000 year ago.

I only studied German for a year, but found some of it easier compared to French, & other aspects harder.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                              IIRC Friesian (spoken on the German / Dutch border) is supposed to be close to English was 1000 year ago.
                              This was demonstrated on a TV programme a while back, the presenter (Eddie Izzard) read some old English to Dutch farmer, who understood most of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X