Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jon pertwee.

jon was always my fave dr.

the first real dr of action who threw his opponents around.
    he had great vehicles to drive as well.

he was a man of style always wore suits and cloaks.

also love him in worzel gummidge.

reason he left who was because he was afraid he would never get another job also because a lot of the people he worked with on who had left.

Originally posted by Shado66 View Post
    I loved Jon P and Tom B as the Doc. They had a totally different take on the role. Its such a shame to hear they didn't get on but goes to show that people are human and complex. Even though he sounded a bit controlling, I still think Jon was an amazing Doc and such an eccentric and animated actor. We may not always like the individual but you've got to respect the work.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

He was my first Dr Who that I can remember clearly.As a kid I just loved the Dinosaur invasion story and the Autons scared me silly especially the doll sequence.Worzel was another favourite later on.It's a pity that I missed the follow on show Worzel down under.I think that was something to do with some funny time slot it was in.

Comment

You've just reminded me Batty.....When I was about 6 or 7, running round the playground with me m8s, playing Autons with guns firing from our hands. We thought it was so cool how their hands used to hinge down and fire. Thank god none of us tried to saw our hands in half just to get the same effect!

Comment

Always thought it would have been great if Jon Pertwee's Wurzel Gummidge had played Doctor Who, he could've beat the Daleks and still been back in time for a cup of tea and a slice of cake and with all those different heads he wouldn't have needed to regenerate.

Comment

Originally posted by havasack View Post
            Always thought it would have been great if Jon Pertwee's Wurzel Gummidge had played Doctor Who, he could've beat the Daleks and still been back in time for a cup of tea and a slice of cake and with all those different heads he wouldn't have needed to regenerate.
            *mental image that I now can't get rid of*

Comment

Anyone remember him in "Whodunnit?" - a very camp panel murder show.........

Comment

funny enough i was watching a documentary about him recently and they mentioned whodunnit.

had never heard of it before.

Originally posted by Rollingstone43 View Post
                Anyone remember him in "Whodunnit?" - a very camp panel murder show.........
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Interestingly I thought it was a complete flop but then I looked IMDB and it lasted for 6 series!!!

i remember watching the odd episode but I don't really remember much about other than the fact that they were obviously shown a crime and had to solve it! Patrick Mower was in it quite a lot too!

Comment

I thought it was a good show.

Comment

He was also great as the horror-actor-turned-vampire in The House That Dripped Blood.
                      Wirral Writer
                      www.alantoner.com

Comment

Working...
                      X