First time on the town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time on the town

I've just come back from a good night out, and whilst out of my head on the taxi ride home thought "Can anyone remember their first proper night out?"

For mine it was my mates 18th birthday and we thought "Excellent! Let's go to Newcastle!" (Or, in Geordie; Haway, let's gan doon toon!) Can't remember much of it apart from having a huge multitude of every drink available, getting a kebab to end the night and not waking up with a hangover!

Anyone else have any (Vauge!) recollections of their 'first time'?
    If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Re: First time on the town

My 18th. I'd told the friends at work I wanted no fuss. But they had other ideas. We did a pub crawl. I recall only half of it!

Comment

Sounds like your friends did a great job!

I sort of remember seeing some bloke running, pointed it out to my friend, who then shouted "RUN FORREST! RUN!" and we spent the next half hour being chased. Monument Metro station is a great place to hide, especially the St. James platform no-one uses!
      If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

Remember going into town, I was 16 at the time wearing a white shirt and skinny black leather tie and those black trousers that used to have coloured flecks in them, can't remember coming home I was well blasted, as said earlier funny how you didn't get hangovers in those days.

Comment

I was 16 and went out with my sister and her new boyfriend.........he was a soldier.

I had 4 whole pints to MYSELF!......................and was sick when I got home

Comment

Bloody hell, Like the openiong post...Newcastle, or rather the Bigg market. I remember going down town one Friday night when I was about 15 with some friends (not on the drink) and the bus was heaving (full) and saying to my friends "we'll be doing this soon", as it turned out I ditched those friends and did hit the "toon" on turning 16 with other friends. We were forerunners as everyone else from our year seemed to be sneeking into ther locals at ther time we were starting clubbing.

Comment

Mine was just with a few mates.Just left school and the following weekend went out on the town to try out a pub or two,maybe three or perhaps all of them.I can remember going but not coming back.My first taste of whiskey,snakebites,and real beer.Possibly a few other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure along the way.Did not learn my lesson done the same a week later,lol.

Comment

I remember the first time I hit the local nightclub and was fascinated by the movie star posters and the dance floor that had a few steps to get into it! It seemed like you were going into a swimming pool. It was the late 80's hence happy days! I always got excited dressing up and wondering if it would be a good night or a bad night. Would I met the man of my dreams? (I'm still waiting for him to arrive lol). I remember drinking a couple of lager and black (think it was the trend at the time). Then I progressed to Taboo and lemonade, Vodka and coke, Gin and tonic, and malibu and pinneaple, amongst various cocktails.My friends who drank bottles of wine or whatever was around were well tiddly before I arrived! Many years later passing the club in broad daylight it looked like a shack (it was based in an industrial estate) but at night I thought it was magical. Good times were had in there! Before we went to the club I loved this bar that had huge screens showing the 80's videos, miss those times. People don't seem to have fun now.

Comment

Working...
                X