Has anyone on here got Snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone on here got Snow?

I have in my area, but touch wood not enough to cause major disruption (I hope, anyway) though.

Re: Has anyone on here got Snow?

Yes, Snow here in Reading. about 1/2 and inch so far settling. Hope it doesn't get heavier. I like snow but its when its ground into ice and difficult to walk on I don't like it. I hate falling over due to ice. Very painful.

Comment

150 miles out in the north sea on an oil rig = No snow here, just plenty rain
      DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

about 3 - 4 inches here in Stoke, although it has turned to rain a bit now.

Cheers,
        Finnthedude.

Comment

I'm in far south south west

but it will hit us at some point!

Comment

none so far this year.
            but i do expect it sometime soon.

but last year here in northern ireland we had snow covering the entire north for weeks.
            around december it was of 2010.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Its got heavier here. Last I looked it was about 3 or 4 inches and still falling. Its making cars run far slower up and down the main road which is a hill and on my road off it I noticed a cars wheels not gripping enough...Last I looked out the window it was still snowing. The skies look white due to the snow clouds and the one bonus was it made things seem a bit brighter outside...

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post
                150 miles out in the north sea on an oil rig = No snow here, just plenty rain
                OH WOW CULNARA! ARE YOU REALLY OUT ON AN OIL RIG?

I am in the centre of England, with 5 inches deep of snow! And Andy (My Husband had to cycle 18 miles home, tonight after a puncture!}

In the late 1970's, My Dad had to negotiate 35 mile radius of Coventry on breakdown patrol for the Chrysler Dealership he worked for in the 1970's and I remember me and my Mum worrying about him (You can realise that this was before the day of mobile phones?)

Comment

its snowin in huntingdon cambridgshire 5 inches we got

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Not too much in Stockport & Nelson but a bit tricky to drive in.

At least my washer jets didn't freeze up.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Still nothing in Cornwall but my parents in NW Surrey have three inches.

Comment

we have snow.............ohhhhh yesssssss .......wahooooooo!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
                          OH WOW CULNARA! ARE YOU REALLY OUT ON AN OIL RIG?

I am in the centre of England, with 5 inches deep of snow! And Andy (My Husband had to cycle 18 miles home, tonight after a puncture!}

In the late 1970's, My Dad had to negotiate 35 mile radius of Coventry on breakdown patrol for the Chrysler Dealership he worked for in the 1970's and I remember me and my Mum worrying about him (You can realise that this was before the day of mobile phones?)

Yeah, stuck out here :S I'm on the one nearest in the picture, ( Forties Delta ) strangely enough, it has turned pretty mild out here now and just a slight breeze, I get
                          Home on Tuesday so I'll see what the weather has been like on the Beach, don't think we've had snow tho ?? very North east of Aberdeenshire

Click image for larger version

Name:	forties A -  D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	260029

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post
                            Yeah, stuck out here :S I'm on the one nearest in the picture, ( Forties Delta ) strangely enough, it has turned pretty mild out here now and just a slight breeze, I get
                            Home on Tuesday so I'll see what the weather has been like on the Beach, don't think we've had snow tho ?? very North east of Aberdeenshire

id have thought it was pretty dangerous to work where you are in the snow.
                            you could fall off the rig if you are not careful due to snow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3287[/ATTACH]
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

no chance of falling off the platform, but risk of slipping and falling down causing injury " icy snowy condition's. The Highest priority out here is " Safety " at the end of the
                              day if there are adverse weather condition's i.e. High winds / snow and ice we are not allowed out!!
                              We are forced to stay in the TV lounge and smoke ciggies all shift while getting paid LOL

Doesn't happen often tho :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X