Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: which song gets you thinking about childhood

Default Re: which song gets you thinking about childhood

Some more memorable ones are:

Eternal Flame by The Bangles

I Wont Let The Sun (Go Down On Me) by Nick Kershaw - now with Nick this sure is a Singer who got way way less when it should have been far more

He even said on it on one of those 80s Re-wind Fest Videos - that he never thought (or words to that effect) that he was that good - how wrong he is ..... he's utterly brilliant and totaly 1st class!

80sChav

Anything by Neil Diamond

i'll Never Find Another You by The seekers is just pure maazing

Though it was 10 years before my time - this was the best ever song of the 1960s that epitones the ENTIRE 1960s I think/feel

80sChav

I have got too amy song's really that have me thinking of my Childhood really. I think i'd said it in another thread but thoughthe song is'nt sensationaly great "These are the Day's Of Our Lives" by Queen with George Michael + Lisa Stansfield is a great song lyric wise and will always remind me of my childhood , as does most of Lisa's song's themselves too.

Others that remind of my Childhood too are Chesney Hawks, The One and Only Only, Brian Adams Everything I Do (I Do It For You) to name but just some as i've so many numerous ones

I have got too amy song's really that have me thinking of my Childhood really. I think i'd said it in another thread but thoughthe song is'nt sensationaly great "These are the Day's Of Our Lives" by Queen with George Michael + Lisa Stansfield is a great song lyric wise and will always remind me of my childhood, as does most of Lisa's song's themselves too.[/COLOR]

Others that remind of my Childhood too are Chesney Hawks, The One and Only Only, Brian Adams Everything I Do (I Do It For You) to name but just some as i've so many numerous ones

Quote Originally Posted by fotso View Post
    I have got too amy song's really that have me thinking of my Childhood really. I think i'd said it in another thread but thoughthe song is'nt sensationaly great "These are the Day's Of Our Lives" by Queen with George Michael + Lisa Stansfield is a great song lyric wise and will always remind me of my childhood, as does most of Lisa's song's themselves too.[/COLOR]

We must be brother and/or Sister lost fotso. - I love all these in-particulary Chesney hawks who created the name Chesney to become trendy with Chesney from Coronation Street. Everything I Do was great too - but after a bit, just like Love Is All around and Wet Wet Wet got very annoying at Number 1 after a while, like Torn by Natalie Imbruglia was always played in 1997 repeatedly!

We must be a similar age is all I can say - as all these are from around 1991/92, but I am glad someone else appreciates Lisa, George and Queen with "These Are The Days Of Our Life" - though rightly or wrong Lisa was "Top 5 best Solo singer act of that era" as was George the best male and Queen best group! Though how Chesney's "One and Only" never stayed at Mumber 1 or did as good as Brian Adams amazes me too - as it should have ran it very very very close and been a hit as long I think!

Two more faves of mine at the moment are Deacon Blue - I'll Never Fall In Love Again - with the Woman Singer'samazing voice (another Singer/Singers - who deserved way more credit) and as well Nick Kershaw with I'll Not Let the Sun Go Down On Me (and I have only re-gottan into appreciating Nick over the last few months) but somehow he is everywhere on nearly every Radio station going with that Song - which shows how under-appreciated/valued he was .... just like Pete Cox from Go West as was proved in Reborn In The USA in 2003 or when-ever it was! These 2 are 2 guys - who are vastly vastly underated and are probably the the 2 best Solo Artists of the 80s ever!!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    We must be brother and/or Sister lost fotso. - I love all these in-particulary Chesney hawks who created the name Chesney to become trendy with Chesney from Coronation Street.
    Flanagan & Allen = Bud Flanagan & Chesney Allen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanagan_and_Allen

I am certain that Chesney was a bit of an "old person's" name before it came back into fashion in the 1990s.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Another one/2- I nearly cry when I hear them are Nillson and Without You and the great great group The Real Thing and You To Me Are Everything!!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    Another one/2- I nearly cry when I hear them are Nillson and Without You and the great great group The Real Thing and You To Me Are Everything!!

80sChav
    Without You is a special, special song ..

Did he write it himself ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro