which song gets you thinking about childhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which song gets you thinking about childhood

For me it's This used to be my playground by Madonna.

Even though I was an adult when this was released, every time I hear this it transports me back to my childhood.

Re: which song gets you thinking about childhood

I'm probably a bit older than you, spuggy, but 'Young Girl' by Gary Pucket is one of the songs that does it for me.

Comment

There are quite a lot t pau china in your hand and the power of love by jennifer rush sure remind me of my childhood.
      really good songs as well.

here we go.
      http://youtu.be/Lr0xJBsVbZY
      t pau china in your hand.
      http://youtu.be/PSh6SQd8UrI
      Last edited by darren; 05-02-2012, 00:41.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
        I'm probably a bit older than you, spuggy, but 'Young Girl' by Gary Pucket is one of the songs that does it for me.
        When I was a child my mother used to play this song all the time (was her favourite record), I think she still has the 7" single.

Comment

I have got too amy song's really that have me thinking of my Childhood really. I think i'd said it in another thread but thoughthe song is'nt sensationaly great "These are the Day's Of Our Lives" by Queen with George Michael + Lisa Stansfield is a great song lyric wise and will always remind me of my childhood, as does most of Lisa's song's themselves too.

Others that remind of my Childhood too are Chesney Hawks, The One and Only Only, Brian Adams Everything I Do (I Do It For You) to name but just some as i've so many numerous ones

Comment

There are quite a few I can think of:

The Bangles - Manic Monday - At the time I changed school this was getting plenty of airplay.

The Housemartins - Happy Hour & Stan Ridgeway - Camoflage remind me of the summer of 1986.

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire - This was around when I moved to secondary school.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              There are quite a few I can think of:

The Bangles - Manic Monday - At the time I changed school this was getting plenty of airplay.
              I have always loved Manic Monday ... it was The Bangles best song I think, even better tahn Eternal Flame!! Though I love all the great hits of this era from the top groups of the time like T'pau, Belinda Carlisle, The Bangles etc and my all time favouries Wet wet wet ... anything by them is brilliant and Lisa stansfield too (I have just heard This Is The Right Time) on the Radio. What a great great singer and how very talented Lisa is

Comment

The De Franco Family -- Heartbeat (It's A Love Beat)
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg5JD...eature=related

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvuDv...CE5&lf=mh_lolz

Yeah my family was a little camp!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZqb2VVc48

Comment

Mainly because I remember sitting at my nan and grandads watching this as a kid........

Comment

Telstar from 62.

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
                          Mainly because I remember sitting at my nan and grandads watching this as a kid....

I love this song and recall with great warmth and pleasure, watching 'The Undersea World of Jaques Cousteau'

Comment

Telstar 1962 - Me too ... from a weekend I spent in Blackpool for the illuminations ... I was all of 7
                            Last edited by zip55; 24-02-2012, 00:26. Reason: not clear

Comment

"Going Undeground" by The Jam always reminds me of waking up for school in my teens on my clock radio alarm. "Love of the Common People" by Paul Young always reminds me of Christmas as a kid because my younger sister got a ghetto blaster and headphones. I listened to that song on them on Christmas morning with the bass turned up and it was the crispest sound I'd ever heard music played. It had an almost three dimensional quality about it that not even surround sound seems to match now.

Happy days.

Cheers,
                              Finnthedude.

Comment

Working...
                              X