Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: which song gets you thinking about childhood

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    One of the first pieces of music i learnt to play on the piano was Penny Lane, great tune it is.
    Definitely, amongst my top 5 Beatles songs and also my top 20 songs ever
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I recently took my nephew to the Beatles museum at the Pier Head, there's 4 bronze statues stood outside of the Fab Four.

Comment

I recently took my nephew to the Beatles museum at the Pier Head, there's 4 bronze statues stood outside of the Fab Four.
        Yey .. we were there a few months ago !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The wife and i did the magical mystery tour a few years back, you board a coach painted in the same livery as the one used in the film and the tour takes in Penny lane, strawberry fields, pauls house, georges house,johns aunt Mimis house, george & pauls school and the cavern club....great stuff!
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
            The wife and i did the magical mystery tour a few years back, you board a coach painted in the same livery as the one used in the film and the tour takes in Penny lane, strawberry fields, pauls house, georges house,johns aunt Mimis house, george & pauls school and the cavern club....great stuff!
            Yes I've seen the tour buses many times as i live right near a certain dock and they drive past my home. I've never been on one but i have been all over Liverpool as it's my hometown, apart from working away occasionally i am based in Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
              Yey .. we were there a few months ago !

I bet you had your pic taken stood by the bronze statues!
              I've been asked a few times by tourists to take their pics.

Comment

I bet you had your pic taken stood by the bronze statues!
                I've been asked a few times by tourists to take their pics.
                Well I’m a bit shy but everyone else seemed to be ..

Comment

A Pick of the Pops chart from the early to mid 1980s can have a multiple number of songs on there that remind me about childhood.
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

[QUOTE=Zincubus;241658]Well I’m a bit shy but everyone else seemed to be ..
                    Me too, i hate having my pic taken.
                    Did you go across the mersey on a ferry?
                    I have trouble quoting messages, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Another 1 I heard tonight (and had forgotan) about was Lisa stansfield "Been Around The world 9Looking For My Baby)

I could hvae cried upon hearing that - thinking where has 30/31 years or so gone since that was a new Song!!

80sChav

Comment

Some more memorable ones are:

Eternal Flame by The Bangles

I Wont Let The Sun (Go Down On Me) by Nick Kershaw - now with Nick this sure is a Singer who got way way less when it should have been far more

He even said on it on one of those 80s Re-wind Fest Videos - that he never thought (or words to that effect) that he was that good - how wrong he is ..... he's utterly brilliant and totaly 1st class!

80sChav

Comment

Anything by Neil Diamond

Comment

i'll Never Find Another You by The seekers is just pure maazing

Though it was 10 years before my time - this was the best ever song of the 1960s that epitones the ENTIRE 1960s I think/feel

80sChav

Comment

I have got too amy song's really that have me thinking of my Childhood really. I think i'd said it in another thread but thoughthe song is'nt sensationaly great "These are the Day's Of Our Lives" by Queen with George Michael + Lisa Stansfield is a great song lyric wise and will always remind me of my childhood , as does most of Lisa's song's themselves too.

Others that remind of my Childhood too are Chesney Hawks, The One and Only Only, Brian Adams Everything I Do (I Do It For You) to name but just some as i've so many numerous ones

Comment

I have got too amy song's really that have me thinking of my Childhood really. I think i'd said it in another thread but thoughthe song is'nt sensationaly great "These are the Day's Of Our Lives" by Queen with George Michael + Lisa Stansfield is a great song lyric wise and will always remind me of my childhood, as does most of Lisa's song's themselves too.[/COLOR]

Others that remind of my Childhood too are Chesney Hawks, The One and Only Only, Brian Adams Everything I Do (I Do It For You) to name but just some as i've so many numerous ones

Comment

Working...
                                X