which song gets you thinking about childhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: which song gets you thinking about childhood

The first song I remember listening to was goodbye yellow brick road by Elton John, in my Mum's car travelling to the dentist when I could have been about 5 years old, although I'm not that keen on Eton John's music I've always loved that song.

Comment

Some more I have been listening to and have recalled are these and each are influential in differing ways/renind me of varying stages of being a kid/my childhood

Shania Twain - Your Still The One (I want) - how inspirational is that without any doubts!

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Pete Cox - King Of Wishfull Thinking

Wham - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        Pet Shop Boys melodies were fabulous... have a listen to Years and Years. ...they remind me of them !

Tracks
        King

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Thanks Zincubus I may - but for me there can be only 2 Pet Shop Boys and nobody can match the. For/to me as an 80s Kid they are the height of everything and un-beatable as an act

80sChav

Comment

https://youtu.be/539dWR_-xF0

Comment

https://youtu.be/ov374ja1M3c

Comment

Not exactly my childhood - but my early 20s and more so upon re-listening to the the Collaberation True-Stepers Feat Victoria Beckham and Dane Bowers, with their hit from 2000 that was onlu kept off the top the charts by Spiller eaturing Sophie-Ellis Bextors "Groojet (If This Aint Love)"

I know many will think I am say out of my mind in saying that this very short period in time was Victoria Beckham's best time as a Solo Artist and really really totally showed her R&B Clubland style/type of Music of that era I was so familar with

Though i like a few of today's song's - like Lewis Capalidi to name one of the modern-era's better talent - this type of Music actually had meaning - even as late as 2000, un-like 85% of today's. To think that these 2 - shall I term the "Clubland Songs" .... (I'm unsure here lol!!), got to Number 1 and 2 really say's very much indeed I think

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                The first song I remember listening to was goodbye yellow brick road by Elton John, in my Mum's car travelling to the dentist when I could have been about 5 years old, although I'm not that keen on Eton John's music I've always loved that song.
                I suppose that one can link "yellow bricks" with teeth which need whitening, or some comparison like that.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Have just been watching Grange Huill Series 14 Episode 4 and the Party where Tegs' leaves for Germany.

what an Episode for Songs that reminds of me of my youth that - to name the most ones I can hear/catch are:,

* Jimmy Summerville and The Communards - Don't Leave Me This Way

* Lisa Stansfield - This Is The Right Time

* George Michael - Careless Whisper

* Wet Wet Wet - Angel Eyes - though I am unsure if it may-be the better extended Home and Away version , that all "Wets" Fans will know and appreciate!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                  X