Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/2 Season hit wonder football teams who got Promoted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1/2 Season hit wonder football teams who got Promoted!

Barry Lines was a regular player for Northampton during the ups & down, certainly he played for them in all 4 divisions, which few players have managed to do.

I think the record hold is Alan Cork, who played for Wimbledon from being a non-league club to the 1st division.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: 1/2 Season hit wonder football teams who got Promoted!

Originally posted by havasack View Post
      Swindon did make the top level a year or so later only to be relegated straight away. At championship level there are still some smaller clubs making it there, look at Yeovil, Bournemouth and Donny,
      It seems like only yesterday Swindon "landed" in the Prem - I distinctly recalling them beating Leicester 4-3 in the old First Division (old 2nd before that but now the Championship) Play Off Final in a right swahbuckler of a match. It is a shame they only lasted that 1 Season there, but sadly too many good players left as did a great Manager in Glenn Hoodle to be replaced by the immensley hapless John Gorman - who was way way way out of his depth!

I hope Donny can 1 make it to the Premier, they have a great new(ish) ground and have hit hard times in the not too distant past and could easily "live with in their means" there like Wigan and Reading etc did without over-spending!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
      X