Either you love or hate Blackpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Either you love or hate Blackpool

I fall into the first catertgory. I love it 1st and foremost for the cheap tat and ornimants in the shop's there. If I had a Million Pound i'd sure do "a Del-Boy" and try buy loads of it and re-sell and still end up "out of pocket" like Del invaryably was.

Though I just so love Blackpool on many other basis and reasons too. The holiday's I had their since 1993 (are too many to clock up) to work out. What a great place, one i'd retire to any day!

Re: Either you love or hate Blackpool

My experience of Blackpool was in the early 1980s. A guy called J. Jeremy Bentham organised mini Doctor Who conventions that I attended. We would go to the DW Exhibition during the day and watch videos in the guest house in the evenings. Really sweet memories. I liked Blackpool a lot.

... I stayed at the Lyric'...

Comment

It was ok for a day trip when you were a child especially if you'd not seen the lights before.
      Heather

Comment

I can not have enough of the place, it is like a different world to me somehow! The only candidate (of another Seaside town that can amtch it) and that is a distant 2nd by a long long way is Skegness and possibly Great Yarmouth (which i've heard is the "Blackpool of the East Coast" but I was'nty so sure abouyt that upon my only visit there in 2007. Still I do like Great Yarmouth very much

Comment

I had never been to Blackpool until 1998 when I went with a couple of friends. I loved it. We went back in 2000, 2001, and then I went with another of my friends in 2002. You've got to love a place with newsagents along the Golden Mile with signs outside saying 'We sell fags'. Each of the 4 visits I made was in September, so I saw the illuminations, and had plenty of opportunity to use the trams and try out most of the rides at the Pleasure Beach (including The Big One).
          I would like to go back again some time in the near future, although it's a bit of a trek from the South.
          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
          X