Fred Perry Polos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Perry Polos

Who can remember this being "big" in the 80s/90s - smart as. They were all the rage when I was at school Lol

Re: Fred Perry Polos

I remember them well it's all I ever wore. Something to do with my aunty and mum's best friend working in the factory that made them or stiched them together or something like that, Mostly plain white ones but sometimes in the most horrible colours but they were either free or very cheap seconds from the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by maccate View Post
      I remember them well it's all I ever wore. Something to do with my aunty and mum's best friend working in the factory that made them or stiched them together or something like that, Mostly plain white ones but sometimes in the most horrible colours but they were either free or very cheap seconds from the factory.
      Yeah wearing them for PE or instead of your Shirt for School was the order of the day too.

Comment

I can still remember buying my first. £6.99 from Olympus sports in the Arndale in Manchester. Navy blue with sky blue stripes on the collar. Would have been circa 1980.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
          Who can remember this being "big" in the 80s/90s - smart as. They were all the rage when I was at school Lol
          I cant remember these and i should be able to.What colour where they?
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            I cant remember these and i should be able to.What colour where they?

Yeah, we often wore them for School - instead of our Shirt's, Darren. More so instead of an ordinary White 1 if/when we had PE later in that particular day

Comment

cheers chav.

i actually thought they were sweets hence the name polos.

id have thought they were fairly expensive.
              but yes as they had the name fred perry attached to them i should have known they they where polo shirts.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                ccheers chav.

i actually thought they wher sweets hence the name polos.

id have thought they where fairly expensive.
                but yes as they had the name fred perry attached to them i should have known they they where polo shirts.
                Well, this is what it's all about I think, Darren. everything always seemed better the first time round I think somehow. It's too difficult to explain otherwise I think, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X