Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vilain in ski mask, circa 1980, Grange Hill actor

Can anyone identify this?

Pretty sure it was a BBC drama, either a one-off TV movie or a 2-3 episode miniseries.

I remember that the protagonist's best friend was played by an actor who also played a teacher on Grange Hill in the early days. That would put the show around 1980 or thereabouts. I can't remember the actor's name, or the name of the Grange Hill character.

The villain wore a ski mask. I can't remember the crime, maybe he was in the I.R.A. or similar. That type of mask, anyway.

There was a climactic confrontation between hero and villain, I think on the moors, or some other spot miles from anywhere. It's just the two of them with nobody else around.

And when the villain pulls off his mask, it's the hero's friend, the Grange Hill actor.

Re: vilain in ski mask, circa 1980, Grange Hill actor

This at least features a ski masked villain:

Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense - The Corvini Inheritance.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087087/

Comment

I don't think that's it.

Anyone?

Comment

The actor Simon Heywood who was Mr Smart in Grange Hill played a character, referred to on the IMDB as "Terrorist" in Who Dares Wins back in 1982 - he also seemed to have appeared in a couple of police or terrorism themed dramas prior to GH as well. He also played a Lieutenant in a 1981 Play for Today as well. That rings a bell.

I know that this thread is a few years old, but I was searching for something else which happened to have the same word as this thread has, and I couldn't help nothing this one.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I believe the solution is actually the strangely named Badger by Owl Light. The character David was played by James Wynn, who also played Mr Sutcliffe in 44 episodes of Grange Hill.

Comment

Wynn was Heywood's predecessor in GH in many ways as they both played English and Drama teachers - he probably did that after leaving the series.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Though this thread is 7 years old since the OP made it, - I would hazaed at a guess OP it was eitherof the lads who played Gripper or Gary Yates (though off-hand I can not recall their real names) but I am certain i read/heard it somewhere these 2 was the most ntable 2 actors who had other acting roles to their names (ina nad around doing GH - either side)

Comment

No, as I said a few posts ago, it was probably Badger by Owl Light.

And I'd think that the most notable actor to come from Grange Hill is Todd Carty.

Comment

Originally posted by I. R. Fincham View Post
                  And I'd think that the most notable actor to come from Grange Hill is Todd Carty.
                  Also Brian Capron.

Comment

Working...
                  X