No announcement yet.

Anyone ever worked on a cruise ship ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever worked on a cruise ship ??

Has anyone had an experience of working on a cruise ship?*
    The website says it's hard work with not much time off which I am ok with. But it says I will be paid in cash, on board, at the end of every cruise. It says the wage will be commission based and shared among the whole team. Can I expect a decent wage?

Re: Anyone ever worked on a cruise shp ??

I'm aged 24 , young free and single plus the job will be one of the cruise photographers .

Comment

Update ... loved the experience and met my new wife ten days into the contract

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        Update ... loved the experience and met my new wife ten days into the contract
        Congratulations! - interesting to see your update.

Comment

Re: Anyone ever worked on a cruise ship ??

Someone I once knew worked on the same one as Jane McDonald, but not when they were making that docusoap.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: Anyone ever worked on a cruise ship ??

I did in the 70's Zincubus.

It was for one of the smaller companies which run cruises around Norway & Iceland & places like that. Totally different to the usual cruise around the hotter parts of this planet. One of our highlights was seeing the aurora borealis (Northern Lights)

Anyway I was working in the engine room keeping the ship running, so I didn't get to see much when I was working. Evenings I was up on deck though as my colleague took over from me. We alternated so we both did a day or night.

I just loved sitting on deck watching the skies and sea whilst drinking beer
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
            X