Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Your School Like Grange hill ?

Deaths drugs bullies like gripper , a mr hicks (pe teacher), sex ,

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: Was Your School Like Grange hill ?

No. It was worse.

Comment

We had plenty of bullies; I don't recall deaths or drugs. We did have an arsonist. He set fire to the library store room. And we had cruel teachers - two of the games masters.

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusescrazy View Post
        Deaths drugs bullies like gripper , a mr hicks (pe teacher), sex ,
        In a way it was really rough like Grange Hill, I think Onthebusescrazy though we could get a way with about as much as GH Students did on any given day I guess . Though my 2nd Secondary School was no-where near like it.

Comment

No not at all. Mainly because my school was real and Grange Hill is a work of fiction.
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Mine wasn't really like GH, apart from a few notable teachers & pupils.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

my secondary school and college where both very rough.loads of bullies and some pretty nasty teachers a bit like GH had.
              no deaths that i can remember.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

We could get away with certain thing's - which made my first Secoindary School like Grange Hill, but we had to be careful what it was, and when etc. Like wearing our Ties thin side only, but to me the thing's characters in Grange Hill got away with - being funny and cheeky etc without any real malice like Waterloo Road has very very often at times, was what made GH special I think

Comment

there was sex in the toilets.........well there were 4 feet so i guess that was what was happening lol...........smoking.......teachers who assaulted pupils .........male teachers that looked like they flirted with the girls at times...........jeez i'm so glad that that school bucked it's ideas up

Comment

my school,was like grange hill in that it existed in the 70's and 80's. none of the characters in grange hill had any fear about them not like some of the people in my school.

Also, how sexist was Grange Hill, every competition was won by the girls be it cooking, hockey, football etc, yet in my school we beat the girls at everything except pregnancies.

Comment

my 2nd Secondary School was horrible i remember there way 5 bullies at school all of them where girls they picked on alot of the boys they used to be so horrible punch us hit us also they sent the headmaster to all of the boys pe teacher horrible the caretaker was so horrible . i remember there was a boy who had sex in the playground gardens . unbelive but that was school

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
                        my 2nd Secondary School was horrible i remember there way 5 bullies at school all of them where girls they picked on alot of the boys they used to be so horrible punch us hit us also they sent the headmaster to all of the boys pe teacher horrible the caretaker was so horrible . i remember there was a boy who had sex in the playground gardens . unbelive but that was school
                        my First High school was everything Grange hill was and me and all mates loved Grange Hill in Primary - but the shock ewore off knowing that it was 2real" at High school and Grange Hill was exactly like this. In summing up my First High School could easily could have been a pre-script for Grange Hill before Grange Hill was even dreamed up!

80sChav

Comment

It wasn't much like Grange Hill for the following reasons:

A) Trousers and skirts were optional for girls by the early 1990s, unlike in GH.

B) Some teachers were at school for 15 years or more, and not two or three years like in GH.

C) Pupils at my school used bad language and more stronger words than in GH.

D) I didn't go to school at 5.10 pm unless in an after school club.

There were differences of course...
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I think reflecting further - my first Secondary was more like waterloo rd and was a "Riot" in places, people disrubting lessons and say putting Crisp Packets in Water Juggs at Lunch and Teachers not managing to keep control properly/totaly

Obviously this was on a lesser scale as it was years before, but I'd have loved it to have been as so years later if I was growing up in the Waterloo Rd era knowing what I know about life and wishing I was in this era!

80sChav

Comment

There was a Justine Dean-alike girl in my form, but on the other hand, there were in every form in every school in the country.
                              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X