Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sports Shop's

Default Re: Sports Shop's

The only time I used to go into a sports shop was for fishing tackle. Many of the old sports shops had a small fishing section tucked away somewhere usually ran by some old boy. Nowadays they seem to be all trendy trainers.

These days I'm too unfit to go into one. I break out in a sweat just looking at the mannequins wearing all that sporty stuff. Besides I'll probably end up crawling out on all fours after dealing with the energetic staff. Must admit our local sports shop (part of a big chain) tends to employ all youth and energy with no brains.

Quote Originally Posted by battyrat View Post
    The only time I used to go into a sports shop was for fishing tackle. Many of the old sports shops had a small fishing section tucked away somewhere usually ran by some old boy. Nowadays they seem to be all trendy trainers.

These days I'm too unfit to go into one. I break out in a sweat just looking at the mannequins wearing all that sporty stuff. Besides I'll probably end up crawling out on all fours after dealing with the energetic staff. Must admit our local sports shop (part of a big chain) tends to employ all youth and energy with no brains.
    This is true abouy them all being Trainers I think Batty

Living on the Coast for most of my Teenage years we had a fair few Sports Shops that ecomposed Fishing stuff (and though I am not going to mention thisd Resort's name, as it was not the best Seaside Town even then by a long, long way) when I go back now and see that area that was Semi-decent at the time and not full of Seaside Shops (as it was just outside Town) but was fairly decent and seeing now the utter rubbish Shop's in that area and nr the old Sports Shop I am thinking of, truly wants to make me cry thinking of the decline of just that stretch of Road alone!!

80sChav

In Cinderford Forest of Dean Gloucestershire UK we had an independent sports shop just like we had an independent record/musical instrument shop where they sold that weeks top 40 records 10p cheaper than Woolworths

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    In Cinderford Forest of Dean Gloucestershire UK we had an independent sports shop just like we had an independent record/musical instrument shop where they sold that weeks top 40 records 10p cheaper than Woolworths
    True yeah Twocky - when I lived nr the Coast we had a similar Sports Shop!

It is amazing how they can compete with the Big Name Chasins when they want I think - just like any of type of Shop can when needed too