help with old arcade horse racing video betting terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help with old arcade horse racing video betting terminal

I remember seeing in seaside arcades in the mid 80s to early 90s a horse-racing game--probably several different types, but I thought the ones I saw showed actual races from US and Australian racetracks. I don't know if I am getting confused but I seem to remember that the race commentators in the videos had either US or Aussie accents, and at the time I thought that there was a laserdisk or something similar inside the machine that randomly picked a race from probably thousands in its memory and you bet on it. The races were quite short, I believe.

Comment

I remember this game, exactly as explained by duffer in the opening post and his other ones.

I remember it on both on Teignmouth and Skegness piers in my childhood and early teenage years. I've been trying to find more info about it for years.

one horse name I remember is a white horse called Ged Cauther or Geo Cauthey.

would love to find it again.

did anyone (duffer) ever find it?

Comment

When I were a kid, this was the Horse Racing game to play, just pick a colour, put your 2p in the slot and wait for the race to start!

Comment

Now you are talking. They had one of those in Sheerness fairground for years although it seemed a lot longer. I remember coloured metal horses moving along the tracks during the race. You simply put your 2p into the coloured slots which corresponded to the colour of the horse. Happy days and sunny summer holidays by the sea

Comment

That one above isn't the one I'm on about. I do thiink it is Steeplechase, remember,
            ancient lights
            grey god
            helmsman
            windy gorge
            demdyke
            svengali
            hindenberg

were just a few of the horses names, there were about 100 different horses in all.

Comment

Still looking!!!

Comment

I’m also still looking!

Comment

There was something very similar that my local arcade thatconsisted of about half a dozen machines that looked like fruit machines back to back in a row, at the end of the line was a monitor show showing video races. There was American commentary and it always started off saying “they’re all in line”.
                  I think it was called Kentucky Derby or something like that.
                  I never actually played because I was never a gambler

Comment

Still hoping for a miracle, do think Steeplechase was the one I'm on about but astonishing that there is nothing on the internet about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X