X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future nostalgia

possibly the rob zombie halloween films
    x box.
    all the playstation computers so far think the first one qualifies after the nineties.
    nintendo wii.
    psp handheld.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Those roller shoes all the kids were wearing a few years ago and micro scooters, the return of the BMX, death of the floppy disc, sat navs, the ridiculous amount of cooking/antique shows on TV, superfood fads, painting walls in one room different colours, solar power panels on houses (I have noticed a huge increase in these over the last six months or so) and the big increase in wind farms.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

The Atkins & other fad diets.

Kath Kitson decor.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I still reckon our nostalgia is far far better...I looked at the lists posted here of 'current stuff' and it made my eyes glaze over...tbh, its all rather, **** (imagine that last part being said in the wonderfully relaxed yet polite tones of a John Le Mesurier impression)...I mean, 'Facebook' - its a load of bland vapidity for self agrandising narcissists...many idiots who end up in trouble by their comments i.e. getting fired for slating a boss who've they've also added as a 'friend' (true story), meeting psychopaths via it, and constantly feeling FB is the 'real world' i.e. how many 'fwendz u av'....zzzz.

i-phones? I only got mine, the older model via free upgrade - who cares about the stupid things? A phone that simply repeats tripe you ask it:

'is my brother here?'

'yes, your brother is here'....(in a disgusting eggy version tone of Steven Hawkings electronic tones)....all Apple products cost about £50 to make or less, they overprice for the name and stupidity of customers who hailed Steve Jobs as some sort of technocratic messianic figure....(expletives of your choice, but the most apt begins with 'B' and ends in 'K'S')...all these games systems like X Box or that god awful 'Wii'....overpriced rubbish that, you cannot sell for peanuts when the next big tripe comes out...I mean, I won an X BOX when they first arrived, I sold TWO games at an exchange centre...for 28p....yes, 28p. I cannot even sell the console alone without a controller, I broke mine in my heady youth, for the price of £25 which it sells for now...I mean, the thing cost HUNDREDS originally...

Its all bland now. We had it much better before all this offal began...

I will say, Peter Kay had me in stitches with that sketch 'Put a bit of Basement Jax on!' Put Prodigy on fer yer Mam - Smack your bitch up!' I actually think while the future will have nostalgia, they'll actually still hold onto our nostalgia more than the disposable rubbish they have now.

Comment

There speaks an old moaner! Sound like me

In fairness, my £400 commodore 64 has only been worth a tenner since the late 80s, and my iphone and ipad have changed my working life in a way that is incomparable to any other product- well worh the outlay. Both work perfectly one year after purhase, by comparison my expensive HP netbook looked knackered after six months- im a big apple fan now.

I believe the point of Peter Kays routine is each generation believes their cultural artifacts to be better than prior generations; my Gran liked Sinatra, my Dad liked the Beatles, I like Duran Duran, and my daughter likes The Wanted. My Gran hated Duran Duran, my dad hates The Wanted, my daugter considers all previous music to be dull, and I dislike all bar the band with too many Taylors...
            I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Home computers & their software seem to go quicky from expensive buys to car boot sale near giveways for about as long as I remember.

I've heard of some rarer systems becoming a bit valuble, & some games can be worth a bit due to collecters trying to buy games they couldn't afford back in the day.

Comment

Body piercings. Belly button, tongue, eyebrow and other unmentionables all deemed acceptable in the 00's. Same with tattoos, no longer restricted to sailors and dodgy characters.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

will kids today feel as nostalgic as we do about things when we where kids.

i was thinking will todays kids when they get in there thirties and older have the same affection for there toys,school,days music etc in the future as we here do.

where there more better things in our youth to get niostalgic about than there is for kids today when they look back.
                  for instance this forum that i love when our kids get older will they talk about there youth on various subjects as this site has like we do.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

It does seem to be when people get to a certain age they start getting nostalgic for the better things from their youth.

There doesn't seem to be set time for this, I remember thinking back to things in the early 1980s even before the decade had ended!

Comment

I think i am really really worried about is the world gonna to end on december 21 2012 . i am so scared i will dead like the rest of world

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Sky + and the 'live pause' technology?

Comment

Working...
                        X