Looking to the Future as a kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to the Future as a kid

I remember being at school in the mid-70's and me and my freinds talking about what it would be like in the year 2000, which seemed so long away - I mean - We would be 33 and old men by then!

We talked about everyone owning hover cars and a robot who would do all the housework.....

Anyone do similar things and have similar conversations?

Re: Looking to the Future as a kid

I'm pretty sure my mates and me talked about living on the moonbase as adults. One is in prison now which may be a similar experince eh!
    I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

I have realised that in posting this thread I am beginning to sound like the words from Pulps Disco 2000....speaking of which - Remember when Prince brought out 1999 in 1984.......and 1999 still seemed ages away?

I still want a hover car!

I seem to recall people talking about holographic Television. Are we going to get that?

Moonbases? We should have those by now!!!!!

Comment

I remember Usbourne had a book on the future with similar things.

Large flat screen TV's were one thing that's a reality, & wrist watch mobile phones aren't too wide of the mark these days.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Ah! Wrist phones! I always wanted a radio wrist phone like the cartoon Dick Tracy. And phone kiosks with video....thats a reality isnt it?

Comment

Working...
          X