Songs That Sound Alike or Similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Songs That Sound Alike or Similar

The start of My Camera Never Lies by Bucks Fizz is almost the same as Heatwave's Boogie Nights, possibly a homage.

There's a few songs where the first few notes are almost idenical, but are very different when they get going.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

CJ Bolland "Sugar Is Sweeter" and The Prodigy "Poison"

Comment

The "Doo doo doot doot doo-oo" part of the chorus of Treason by the Teardrop Explodes sounds just like the Crossroads theme tune.
        And the QI theme tune sounds to me like "One Love" (forgive me if I got the title wrong) by Bob Marley - the bit that goes "let's get together and feel alright"

Comment

Ooh, and I don't know if these count cos it's essentially different offshoots of the same bands sharing a common riff, but Magazine's Shot By Both Sides and the Buzzcocks' Promises start the same, as do John Foxx's Touch & Go and Ultravox's Mr X.

Comment

The tune of The Muppet Show theme was lifted directly from a 1939 German song called "Ich Brauche Keine Millionen" ("I Don't Need Millions")

Comment

An obvious recent example is Adele's Skyfall and Shirley Bassey's Diamonds are Forever.

Going back a bit, The Eagles Hotel California was clearly heavily influenced by Jethro Tull's We Used to Know - virtually identical chord structure and melody.

Comment

your right.
                regarding skyfall by adele and diamonds are forever.
                never thought of it until you mentioned it it.

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
                An obvious recent example is Adele's Skyfall and Shirley Bassey's Diamonds are Forever.

Going back a bit, The Eagles Hotel California was clearly heavily influenced by Jethro Tull's We Used to Know - virtually identical chord structure and melody.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I thought that the tune of Skyfall sounded like a trance version of the Charlie Chalk theme.

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
                    The "Doo doo doot doot doo-oo" part of the chorus of Treason by the Teardrop Explodes sounds just like the Crossroads theme tune.
                    And the QI theme tune sounds to me like "One Love" (forgive me if I got the title wrong) by Bob Marley - the bit that goes "let's get together and feel alright"
                    I'm an idiot - I meant Passionate Friend by the Teardrops, not Treason.

I agree Skyfall and Diamonds are very similar!

Comment

I don't know why but 1 or 2 song's I often am confused about regards the title but not the song any lyrics itself as much but still in a way, are If You Don't Know Me By Now and If You Leave Me Know - why this is so will always be a mystery to me as to why I confuse one with the other.

When Simply Red bdid a cover of If you Don't Know Me By Now this had me a bit more mythed/still thinking what the song was/is - though not as much now, as it was not the type of song I have ever associated with them and not their style at all.

Another one I recall too, but I am not confused regards them (which was due to a friend) was Cherish by Kool and the Gang and the song Tie A Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree. Like with the above song's I don't know why this was but I guess the above one's have the same words as to a reason why more so for those.

80sChav
                      Last edited by 80sChav; 13-03-2013, 19:56.

Comment

indeed so mate.

Originally posted by willpurry View Post
                        I thought that the tune of Skyfall sounded like a trance version of the Charlie Chalk theme.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Bowie nicked the riff for Jean Genie from 1968 song 'Girl Of Independent Means' by Honeybus

Comment

"Star Wars Cantina Band" and Caro Emerald's "That Man"

Comment

any pet shop boys songs all sound same to me
                              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Culture Beat - Mr Vain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvgUdrzGNys

Sounds a LOT like

Snap - Rhythm is a Dancer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPM1q_Uyxc

Comment