Best/worst fashion's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/worst fashion's

Which do you think are the best and worst over the last 35 to 40 Years? There hasbeen some hidious styles no questions, I mean I never liked the Ska/New romantic era as a kid but do now music-wise .... it is a great era not given enough credit for at all I think, but I can not abide the rip off that became of every group and his best mate in this era dressing as the Blues Brothers!! This most of been no easy task to shake off because I even remember Ray on Grange Hill commenting in the early 2000s to Arnie, Colin and may-be Wayne ..... who are you dressed as - the Blues Brothers.

Other fashion's I love dearly though are the WindRunner fashion - though I think the present version has eclipsed the original style and is may be the only style to ever achieve such a feat. Other good ones of notable mention are Shellsuits which ran along side Tracksuit's and out-did Tracksuits for a bit i'd say ... but this sure made Tracksuits fight more for supremcy and was what they needed to win the day, so i'd say here Tracksuit's should be very thankful to Shellsuits for saving them as I remember time when they were beyond poor indeed in the early to mid 80s.

Other decent styles eg I recall are the "Curtains" Hair-cut and having haire partings like Todd, Josh etc on Neighbours in the early 90s, which were quite cool I thought - more so if you had hair that could become fair-blonde with minimul die for the fair streakes. Patternd haircuts like Nike Ticks and Swirls (like Jay on EastEnders went on to have) and i'm not ashamed to say i've had recently were quite trendy to a degree in the mid to late 90s which deserve an hounourable mention I reckon/think. If I think of more fashion stylesand trends i'll add to the thread later in due course if so

80sChav

Re: Best/worst fashion's

The Mullet gets my vote for the worst hair style.

Comment

Worst had to be the Sta-pressed shirt and trousers combo (grey or burgundy) with same coloured shoes and dyed hair. Almost as bad as the trousers round my **** style of today, some day probably only a few month down the line these people will look back in think "My god I looked such a git"

Comment

Best for me are Nike Air Jordans V.
        The first pair I got were White\Grape Ice - New Emerald. (I still have the box here)
        My parents got them for me as a birthday present on Red Nose Day in 1991 I think.
        I've owned a few other pairs of re-issues over the years, I still think that the Air Jordan V is the coolest trainer ever.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	air-jordan-5-grapes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	260064
        Don't even get me started on worst fashions, i'm still trying to forget...........

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
          The Mullet gets my vote for the worst hair style.
          Probably yer ...... but no doubts it will make a comeback lol

Comment

Working...
          X