Pick of the Pops Capital Radio and Radio 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick of the Pops Capital Radio and Radio 1

Anyone a fan of the longest running Pop Music Radio show?

I loved it when Alan Freeman presented the show on Radio 1 in 1989 until 1992.

I have several shows from that period, if anyone else has shows please contact me.

Many thanks

Al

Re: Pick of the Pops Capital Radio and Radio 1

I remember discovering Pick of the Pops with Alan Freeman in that period. My nostalgia burners were already getting into gear and I began to like listening to that show just as much if not more than the top 40 chart later in the day.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Me & my Brother & Dad really liked this as well, along with the 30 Years Of Number Ones.

It gave me plenty of chances to hear some oldies that even my Dad's large music collection didn't contain.

I've still got some material from 30YONO on tape, only the odd song & a link by Fluff though.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        Me & my Brother & Dad really liked this as well, along with the 30 Years Of Number Ones.

It gave me plenty of chances to hear some oldies that even my Dad's large music collection didn't contain.

I've still got some material from 30YONO on tape, only the odd song & a link by Fluff though.
        sounds awesome thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          I remember discovering Pick of the Pops with Alan Freeman in that period. My nostalgia burners were already getting into gear and I began to like listening to that show just as much if not more than the top 40 chart later in the day.
          Your spot on, i think in 1990 just before 30 Years of Number Ones started I started listening and still listen now with Tony Blackburn.

Comment

I love the show, especially if it features an early 70s chart. Didn't Fluff first do it in the 60s? 70s? when it was just a countdown of the chart of the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
              I love the show, especially if it features an early 70s chart. Didn't Fluff first do it in the 60s? 70s? when it was just a countdown of the chart of the time?
              I think he did 1950s on some occasions as well as 1960s and 70s

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                yes your right 1961 was the first time he presented the show and in 70s too

Comment

Originally posted by poppicker View Post
                  yes your right 1961 was the first time he presented the show and in 70s too
                  Alan Freeman also did the show on Captial Radio, circa 1982.

I have a few of the Radio 1 shows from the late '80s, and listened to them again over crimbo.
                  Still pretty entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                  X