Carry On Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carry On Dallas

I think in the 1980s there was a rumour that the cast were going to spoof the American Hit show.

Anyone remember this?

Re: Carry On Dallas

I've seen this mentioned in one of the books on the Carry On series.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I've seen this mentioned in one of the books on the Carry On series.

Iam sure Kenneth Connor was going to be JR? i think

Comment

There's something on Wiki about it. I think the owners of the franchise were asking for more money than it was going to cost to make the film!

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
          There's something on Wiki about it. I think the owners of the franchise were asking for more money than it was going to cost to make the film!
          remembering the Carry Ons your they were made cheaply but the early ones were awesome

Comment

Oh how I wish the Carry On team had done Dallas..........it would have been brilliant...

the Carry On team were always under the impression they would be going to exotic places to film esp on Carry on Abroad, Carry on up the Kyber and Carry on cruising when in actual fact they ended up filming in places like Camber Sands........Now where would they have filmed Carry on Dallas?

Comment

No thanks.

By the late 80's, Sid was dead, as was the wonderful Peter Butterworth, Hawtrey and Kenneth Williams were dying or seriously ill. The Carry Ons, wonderful as they were, had reached a nadir by the late 70's. Bringing back the old cast (minus irreplaceables like Sid and Peter) ten years later would have been a bad idea.

I say that as a Carry On fan/devotee.

Comment

Its a story newspapers keep on making up on really slow news days. The Sun had one four years-ish ago which was 'Carry on London starring Jade Goody'. I bet they have lots of fun making up these stories!
                I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Working...
                X