One Foot in the Grave, Jonathan Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Foot in the Grave, Jonathan Creek

what an amazing Writer David Renwick is.

anyone else agree?

Re: One Foot in the Grave, Jonathan Creek

Originally posted by poppicker View Post

anyone else agree?
    Yes i think he is very underestimated
    I run the only fools appreciation societies web site and know that John Sullivan who recently died received great recognition - rightly so
    But Renwick is also a genius

Although Jonathan Creek showed how clever his twists and plots were, One foot in the grave was exactly that but in a very subtle way.

I cant think of any writer that has so many intertwining mini plots all leading to the main one - very clever writing - i hope he does more

Comment

Both Renwick & Sullivan wrote for The Two Ronnies before writing their own shows.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by poppicker View Post

anyone else agree?
        Hi Popicker,
        I agree that David Renwick is aq brilliant writer. I love One Foot In The Grave, even if at times it became very very o.t.t I can not believe all this could happen to one man as happend to Victor, but I guess what did happen to himin his many storylines really does support and dds very much weight to what a great writer Renwick is - no question's about it.

Comment

Are they still making Jonathan Creeks - all seems a bit quite from Renwick

I didn't know they had both been involved in the Two Ronnies writing

Comment

I love OFITG - Victor Meldrew is brilliant, and well acted I must say. One of my all time favourites.

John

Comment

It is great to know that John and David was both involved in The 2 Ronnie's Writing, that is why I guess in a way I like both Only Fools and Horses and One Foot In The Grave, so much as David Wrenwick's writing for OFITG was just so amazing for words even if some plotsbecame a tad un-real like the Graffiti in Meldrew's Bedroom.

Victor sure was an hillarious character - some of my favourite episodes is the one when he got a job as Horticultarlist type person mowing lawns, They Never Hear You Screem In Luton Airport and One Foot In The Algarve - though the latter took me quite a while to aappreciate it as I found it too similar to Only Fools and Horses' Miami Twice as both was around the same era I believe or i'd thought, though I may be wrong - sorry if I am, i'd be willing to be corrected.

Both these episodes had shades of each other's episode in their's I thought - which explains why I like both Series more now than I had prevoius! The scene in the Station in the Algrave episode is pure class and has me in histerick's every time with Victor on the phone and screeming his head off - then that other guy's gives him the "what for". That is so hillarious for words I think - in-fact I think that that scene was almost perfect in many way's.

80sChav
              Last edited by 80sChav; 24-08-2012, 18:50.

Comment

Working...
              X