Only Fools & Horses fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only Fools & Horses fans?

Do any other members like Only Fools and Horses? I am totaly crackers on it, I have not always been butin the last 10 to 12 year's I have grown to like it much more than I did in the 1980s/1990s. If you like it which are your favourite episodes/era? I think my era is 1987 to 1996 and my best 2 episodes would be The Jolly Boy's Outting nbo contest .... followed by Rodney Come Home a year later from 1990 A timeless comedy indeed that never ages, true vintage indeed

80sChav

Re: Only Fools & Horses fans?

My two fav episodes are the one where they were taking care of the chandeliers and the episode where Del Boy falls behind the bar because the flap has been left up by the bar staff......

My fav christmas special was the one where they go away and Del puts Rodney into the Cornflake club............totally brilliant!!!!

Comment

It's an all time classic, I can get too much of it though so have to give it a good break sometimes, purely because I've seen all the episodes so many times.

My favourite era is the late 80's yuppy series, the scene when Del falls through the bar is probably the funniest moment I've seen on TV and I can never tire of watching it. I think every series was good and they all have their highlights, the Christmas specials in the mid 90's should probably not have been made though.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I really like OF&H, I was too young to remember the "Grandad era" but watched almost all of it from the mid 1980's onwards.

There are so many episodes I like it's hard to choose a single one, The one with the inflatable dolls is very good, along with the one where Del gets an old banger cheap from Boyce as a favour & when Del tries handgliding.

Thanks to so many repeats I tend to ration them to one series I have on video a year, unless there's nothing else on TV.

At one time the BBC seemed to be overdoing the repeats of OF&H, a bit like they did with The Good Life & Dad's Army, but things seem to have calmed down now.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember watching the episode where they try to run coach tours or something over sardines on toast. School was snowed out and it was being repeated in the afternoon.

Comment

Good to hear ofah is still popular on here
            i agree that tea for three and jolly boys outing were great episodes
            i run the only fools appreciation society web site.
            We have plans for the OFAH convention this year in peterborough
            so if you want to meet the cast and see the props of the show make sure you come along to the only fools convention 2012
            Zane

Comment

Yep, big fan of 'Only Fools..'. I particularly like 'The Jolly Boys Outing' - set largely in my home county. Then there's 'To Hull And Back' which is another of my favourite specials. I think some of the best episodes are to be found among the earlier series. There's some great underrated stuff there. 'Healthy Competition' where Rodney decides to go into trading alone (well, with Mickey Pearce) and buys a load of broken lawnmower engines that it turned out Del was selling at auction, is a classic.
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

My Dad likes to quote Del's line from Healthy Competition about the lawnmower engines.

The scene in No Greater Love where Rodney is talking to the new (much older) love of his life on the phone then claims it's Mickey Pearce really cracks me up.
                Del's reaction is priceless.

Comment

AHHHHHH!!!!! American only fools remake - God help us all!!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...don-covey.html
                  sigpic

Comment

John Sullivan did write a script for a potential American remake, some extracts are in the A-Z of OF&H.

Comment

its quite often shown on bbc 1 in the afternoon around 2pm.
                      sometimes they do dble episodes.
                      the grandad played by buster merryfield was he in it from the start and when did he leave it.
                      from memoty he was quite old when he went into it.

was never mad about it could not see what was so funny but id choose the grandpa era if i was pushed.

i did think him funny.

i think he was the only grandpa in it.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                      I really like OF&H, I was too young to remember the "Grandad era" but watched almost all of it from the mid 1980's onwards.

There are so many episodes I like it's hard to choose a single one, The one with the inflatable dolls is very good, along with the one where Del gets an old banger cheap from Boyce as a favour & when Del tries handgliding.

Thanks to so many repeats I tend to ration them to one series I have on video a year, unless there's nothing else on TV.

At one time the BBC seemed to be overdoing the repeats of OF&H, a bit like they did with The Good Life & Dad's Army, but things seem to have calmed down now.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yep, massive fan here,
                        I grew up with OF&H, The Christmas specials were always a highlight,
                        Every Christmas I get out the DVDs of Christmas Crackers, & the one where Del's dad returns (Can't remember the name of the episode).
                        In fact, a few years ago my parents owned a van !
                        It's quite a sad story, apparently this old fella had been doing it up for years, and had made an amazing job of it.
                        It looked totally authentic, lots of nice detail.
                        Sadly the owner passed away & his family wanted rid of it so it got sold to a friend of mine who makes bodies for jeeps & buggys.
                        I made him an offer (cheap !) and we towed it away there & then.
                        It wasn't in working condition, but it looked great. Over the next year or so my Dad got it into road worthy order.
                        It was used to take people to proms and stuff like that, but my Dad also drove it to work quite often.
                        My Mum ended getting fed up with it, so my Dad sold it a few years back.
                        I wanted it to stay, but we all know what parents are like at getting rid of stuff you want to keep don't we.

Anyway, ramble over.
                        Only Fools & Horses is brilliant, if I had to pick an era i'd go for the early days with Grandad.
                        Lennard Pearce still makes me laugh out loud whenever I see him.

Comment

Not to say that I didn't like Buster Merryfield.
                          Uncle Albert was excellent.

Comment

I Don't Think your as a biggest fan of Ofah Im The biggest fan i have all of the autographs apart lenoard pearce i the boxset what comes with the magazines when i collected them i have the complete series on vhs and del boys three wheeler van and his capri i have his ciger tin and pineapple etc . i love it to bits the show bloody brillant .

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

so you have an autograph from every cast member that ever appeared on O F A H.
                              thats quite an achievement mate.
                              can you remember the yrs you got each autograph mate.

did not realise there was so much memorabilia you could get.[

Originally posted by onthebusescrazy View Post
                              I Don't Think your as a biggest fan of Ofah Im The biggest fan i have all of the autographs apart lenoard pearce i the boxset what comes with the magazines when i collected them i have the complete series on vhs and del boys three wheeler van and his capri i have his ciger tin and pineapple etc . i love it to bits the show bloody brillant .
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                              X