Balaclava's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balaclava's

Was anyone else made to wear a balaclava, or something else knitted by their mom or nan? I remember having to wear a turquoise short sleeved pullover too.

I didn't have a balaclava but my nan knitted me some 'interesting' tank tops. My mum would always make me wear them when my nan came to see us and some times when we went out for dinner....the shame!!! lol
    If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Or those leather caps with the furry 'ears' that you let hang or tied up on top ?
      Balaclavas are used for more sinister purposes than just keeping warm now.
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

I always wanted of those Russian fur type hats, seemed to be a fashion at my school and old British army tunics, the short woolen variety, seemed army and navy stores were the in thing too, I had a rucksack, but drew all over, it, didn't everyone. And the defacing of exercise books, and covering them with 70's wallpaper, ouch cringeworthy or what?

Comment

Ive always had long hair so i just tie it under my chin !!!!! Thank God ive got furry ears aswell

Comment

Funny geezer

Comment

Yup. I wore a balaclava! Forced on my head by older-than-average parents. And worn in peer-free bliss till I started school. Then I got laughed at. There are early 70s photos of 3 and 4 year-old me, totally balaclava-clad.

Comment

Same hear, now I look upon that as punishment, you sound like you had it worse than me though Jamo, maybe, or is there Balaclava's Anonimous?

Comment

Yep,Balaclavas,gloves with elastic thread thru yer sleeves,had it all in Winter..but did anyone else put plastic bags inside their shoes when going out to play in the snow? or just my family

Comment

nope never heard of the plastic bags thing mate.

Comment

My gran knitted my brother a balaclava and the hole didn't meet his eyes properly so he was always turning his head to see through it lol

Comment

Lol, thats funny, like out of a sit com or Carry On film.

Comment

lol it was funny to watch, he loved his balaclava though,never took it off

Comment

Sad too though eh?

Comment

Always wore mine after an "extreme" 60's haircut where our local one legged "barber" couldn't cut in a straight line.
                              The eyes have it!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X