Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall climbing toys?

Hi

I hope someone can help me because i`m pulling my hair out trying to remember the name of a certain toy.
    All i can remember about it was that it was a bug looking thing with a sucker at each end. You stuck it to a window or something similar with one sucker at the top and one at the bottom and you then pulled the top sucker off and let it swing below the lower sucker. It then stuck to the surface and the other sucker would come off and swing below this one and so on. It used to "walk" down windows and such. I think i had mine in the early 70`s but i`m not 100% sure.
    I keep thinking that it`s called a "window walker" or something..???

Cheers

hmm...sounds familiar but i cant quite put my finger on it.
    Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Are you talking about the things called wacky wall walkers? Most of them were octopus in the U.S, but I think they made other versions outside the U.S
      I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Hi

Over here in the UK the wacky wall walkers were made of a sticky rubbery compound which you threw at a wall or whatever and they sort of like crawled down it. I think you`re right, most of them were of the octopus type.

My parents can`t even remember me having one of these walker things which i`m going on about... ...aaaarghhh.!

I hope i didn`t dream it!

Thanks for your reply`s.

Take it easy

Comment

They were called "Wall-walkers" you got two in a pack, I did (I think!) back in the 70's. I got them for xmas, they had weird faces with little pointy noses! they were really cool! And you could race them down your windows! They weren't very good on walls!!

Comment

Anyone remember what this is?

Not sure what these were called, or much about them really, toys thats climbed up or down a wall, with a face on? Vague but thats all i remember.
            Last edited by Oggy; 18-10-2006, 17:07. Reason: rewording

Comment

Only ones I recall were ones with suction cups that you placed on mirrors or windows and they "walked" down.
              No idea what they were called though

Comment

might be them, just not sure, just remember going to my cousins once and she had these wall climbing toys.

Comment

Re: Wall climbing toys?

I am not 100% certain but I think these were called simply 'wall walkers'

Comment

They are..Wacky Wall Walkers, but I was refering to the old 70's one with was hinged and had suction tops

Comment

Originally posted by cowhorn View Post
                      I am not 100% certain but I think these were called simply 'wall walkers'

Boing! One of the few things I had back then and had completely forgotten about until I read this

I had a hinged one with a smiley face (turquoise and purple if I remember rightly). It was hinged and used to flip right over as it made its way down the window. Used to fall off most of the time, though.

Bugger, now when did that disappear?

Comment

My brother had a racing set. There was a sort of hinged starting gate that stuck to the door with suckers. When you lifted it up, the wall walkers either walked, or more often, fell down the door until they hit a little plastic trough at the bottom.As it hit, a cardboard door closed over the trough so that the other wall walker couldn't get in and there was no doubt as to the winner.
                        ^..^

Comment

Originally posted by greebo2001 View Post
                          My brother had a racing set. There was a sort of hinged starting gate that stuck to the door with suckers. When you lifted it up, the wall walkers either walked, or more often, fell down the door until they hit a little plastic trough at the bottom.As it hit, a cardboard door closed over the trough so that the other wall walker couldn't get in and there was no doubt as to the winner.
                          ^..^
                          sounds like this 1970's Denys Fishers Wall walkers game.
                          Also pictured 1970's Denys Fisher Tom and Jerry Wall Walker.

Attached Files
                          Heather

Comment

Thats the buggers

Comment

Watch this
                              YouTube - It's 1970 and the Wall Walkers are back.

Comment

Working...
                              X