Ashley in Emmerdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley in Emmerdale

Anyone watching Emmerdale lately? The Ashley/Sandy storyline is horrible. On the one hand, having experienced the downward spiral of my Father I can see Ashley's exasperation, but I hate the fact that as a Vicar he's manipulative, selfish and downright evil toward his Father....I don't like Ashley at all. I've an ill feeling it may lead into an Elder Abuse storyline...the bonus of which (and I use the term very lightly) is that if Laurel finds out what he's like to Sandy she'll end up leaving him for good...
    However, I still feel its awful to treat a parent like that, but like I said, I've been in Ashley's position and can see how it can happen, and how you become so its not all black and white...but in terms of Emmerdale, he's a Vicar, preaching forgiveness and love...the hypocrasy!

Re: Ashley in Emmerdale

As sad as it seems, I'm missing Emmerdale. As a full grown manly man I should be ashamed of myself.

I'll be glad when I return home so I can watch it again, mainly because the TV here in the USA is terrible. Don't give me the usual lists of good tv that originates from the USA, because sorry to break it to you, but it isn't on all that often. 99% of what's on makes me want to never watch tv ever again.

Comment

yes been watching the ashley sandy storyline myself.
      dont the fact that as a vicar he has become manipulative, and downright evil toward his Father
      but i guess this how the writers decided to do it.

its a purt y cannit get someone to record it sly.
      nowt to be ashamed of sly.

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      As sad as it seems, I'm missing Emmerdale. As a full grown manly man I should be ashamed of myself.

I'll be glad when I return home so I can watch it again, mainly because the TV here in the USA is terrible. Don't give me the usual lists of good tv that originates from the USA, because sorry to break it to you, but it isn't on all that often. 99% of what's on makes me want to never watch tv ever again.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I hope the story eventually leads to him being dumped by his wife.

Sly-what you doing in the USA? What part? Can you get me some Fruit Loops?!

Comment

Texas. I'm with my significant other. I don't know about the cereal, I don't pay attention to the breakfasts here outside my own interests, all that sugar crud isn't for me. Most of them are basically sweets that you submerge in milk. Disgusting.

Comment

I usually think 'not flaming Emmerdale' and jump on the ipad or head upstairs to the ps3 when it's on but I must say the acting from the old fella when he looked around the OAP home and realised that he most likely didnt have that many years left was supremely affecting. Worth of a Pinter play!
            I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

I quite like Emmerdale. It signifies the time where we sit down and have something to eat. Plus I like spotting parts of my city whenever they film in the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogames View Post
                I usually think 'not flaming Emmerdale' and jump on the ipad or head upstairs to the ps3 when it's on but I must say the acting from the old fella when he looked around the OAP home and realised that he most likely didnt have that many years left was supremely affecting. Worth of a Pinter play!
                Yes, it was moving. One of my most self-loathing events came from the time my Father was ill (with what turned out to be Hyponaetremia causing formal thought disorder psychosis) and was taken to the Psychiatric Hospital. He went in a confused state in the local council transport bus, they didn't allow me to go with him 'for health and safety'....my good neighbour Dom took me asap after. At the time, I felt relieved. I couldn't cope with his odd acting and was being selfish, manipulative, caused by the inability to cope with looking after what my Father had become-a raging, uncontrollable bull, willful and oddly strong for a feeble looking man, it was the illness that had done this to him and it slowly dawned on me when I had breathing space. Social Services were ****-they sent carers round who did nothing when my Dad misheard them, and they are told not to do anything unless asked. They'd come round willy nilly and I was expected to not even feed him or medicate him and let them do it, but you cannot do such things so it was a never ending circle of it.

I actually hate myself for not realising sooner that it was something to do with Dad's low sodium levels that had been the root cause of his odd behaviour. At the same time, I despise the fact that he had to go into a Home, he left the Psychiatric Unit, which damaged him more I feel as its not right to put someone physically ill with mentally ill people over a long period of time...then he seemed stable but it soon deteriorated and went back into Hospital (to have the body fixed up and not the low sodium), in and out, in and out etc. Then finally, a nursing home. I hate the places. The finality of watching people grow old, do nothing, be not cared for properly and eventually they turn inward on themselves awaiting to die. I hated the staff-lazy, moody, uneducated good for nothings who I'd always bawl at and force to get things done for my Dad-like if he wanted to go to bed I'd keep on them, if not, he'd be waiting a long time, or if he asked for a cup of tea or coffee-their 'in a min' took forever...they knew I was always watching them.

I think thats why the storyline gets to me. We should cope as children to elderly parents but it is difficult. Its shameful really. My biggest regret was not realising that Dads problems were caused by the low sodium, perhaps a nervous breakdown following Mums death and depression, which to his generation was always swept under the carpet...the low sodium led to water on the brain which added to it, and the brain is such a delicate instrument so the damage due to the NHS being so lax at finally listening to me when it dawned on me that something was really wrong led to the way he ended up....I actually hope that I don't live into my 80s and 90s, unless I'm fit, independent and have a big family of good relatives around me to keep me happy and not ending up senile...if not, I'd like to simply die peacefully and instantly, not a prolonged illness or senility. Seeing other elderly people in the home, sat there, not talking to one another, or the senile ones made me sick, a number of them where jealous of my visiting my Dad as no one really came to see them, and I always felt like there was no privacy when they'd look at me and Dad whilst I tried to chat with him...growing old, especially in the UK is tragic. I don't want to end that way.

Comment

I hate watching family go senile. My Granddad totally fell to bits with Altzeimers, it was like watching him die multiple times. I was relieved when he finally died, he would have hated what he become, I hope if I ever become to be in that position that it ends quickly, for my own suffering and my families.

Comment

True, its sad.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                      I hope the story eventually leads to him being dumped by his wife.

Sly-what you doing in the USA? What part? Can you get me some Fruit Loops?!
                      A little bit off topic I guess, but I came across some of these and did a taste test. Thought you might be interested. Or jealous. One or the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClcDgK235gk

I didn't think much of them. Too sweet for me.

On topic, my sources from the UK say that Ashley has being caught and is getting in all sorts of trouble. Excellent. I've got a soft spot for the old man, he's a bit of a rogue, I hope I'm as likeable as that when I get older. Unlikely though, I'm not a very likeable person now.

Comment

Ashley should become the resident psycho of Emmerdale...lol

Comment

Working...
                        X