Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bring back lodekka buses

i would to love to ride and own one of these . who else agrees

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: bring back lodekka buses

What is a lodekka bus?
    1976 Vintage

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Lodekka

Comment

vant say i remember these.
        i guess we never had them over here where iam.

did you ride on them W.P.
        When did they stop.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

So it's an old-style double decker. I'm afraid that is as far as my knowledge goes as the only ones I know of are the Routemasters that were in London. I see Lodekkas are the ones they used for On The Buses (I should have guessed ). TBH I thought they were Routemasters - shows you how much I know. Anyway they are quite cool. I got to ride one like it at a bus ralley last year, no idea what type of bus it was though.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
            ...I see Lodekkas are the ones they used for On The Buses (I should have guessed ). TBH I thought they were Routemasters - shows you how much I know...
            Me too, but come to think of it, they did have a couple in the television studio itself so maybe buses of a lower height were more practical.

Comment

what the buses from on the buses what where they like

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

The link willpury mentions and the main Wiki 'On the Buses' entry tells you all about it, onthebusescrazy.

Comment

Don't think we had them in the Durham area.
                  Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

That new London Routemaster's disgusting. I saw a potential design someone put forth and it really did look like a modernised, updated R.M. with all the classic parts but with a modern look to it, should have won the competition for the R.M. Boris did...why they made the one they did is beyond me, its hardly a R.M. at all...we used to have original R.M.s in Reading when a group of former Reading Buses drivers founded Reading Mainline...google it. I really like them too.

Comment

heres the new london 2012 bus

Comment

I'm surprised they can still get away with the 'hop on hop off' open back in these days of elf and safety.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

yes trickyvee bloody elf and safety stupid now days

Comment

I am quite fond of the new routemasters, although some aspects look unusual, such as the black and red on the front, plus the headlights, but apart from that I hope there will be thousands of these across Britain, and hopefully some will be given test runs near Scarborough! I quite like the buses from OTB, although nowadays I prefer the newer buses such as ADL Enviro 400s and Wrightbus StreetLite. But then again it is nice to ride on the old buses now and then.

Comment

Do a Google for the current buses used by Reading Buses. We have some of the most modern, cleanest and environmentally friendly ones in the country. Also, they have a colour coded route system on all the buses paint schemes - its nicer to see them than just a plain rationalised one for all paint scheme like in London or other counties...

Comment

Working...
                              X