bring back lodekka buses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bring back lodekka buses

I recently downloaded the latest fleet list for Reading Buses, they are models I am familiar with. EYMS is our local operator, look at their website enthusiasts info - Current Fleet and they have a good few of ADL Enviros, the cleanest buses in the UK.
    Diesel-Electric Hybrid - Smoother Cleaner - Only 240 tonnes of CO2 Per Year - A lot better than how buses were made 20 years ago.

Comment

Used to catch these to school - they were brand new at that time, replacing the older d/deck and single deck 'half cabs'.
      My father worked on the buses Bristol Omnibus Company as a conductor and driver as did an older brother (conductor). I myself passed my PCV test in Bath, Somerset and have driven all sorts (unrestricted Pcv licence) but I would have loved to have driven a Loddeka just for old times sake as it were. They (Loddekas) still retain that smell which instantly takes me back in time to my school days and much happier days.

Comment

A few have been preserved, I saw one at Carlton Coleville a few years back.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Found this photo in my collection. Taken at Merthyr Tydfil Transport Festival in 2011.
          Attached Files
          Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Another Lodekka, I think it was taken at Barry Transport Festival 2015.
            Attached Files

Comment

An open top Lodekka, Barry 2015
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X