Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name Of Eighties BBC Series Starting In London Zoo During Nuclear Escalation, Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Of Eighties BBC Series Starting In London Zoo During Nuclear Escalation, Please?

Hiya Everyone!

The series I am looking for was set (at the start) in London Zoo with the backdrop being increasing hostilities in the Middle East over the insult to a member of their royalty; it was an Arabian princess I think. The hostilities escalate to the point of world nuclear war and the bomb is dropped on Britain at which point the series changes to the zookeepers (who by and large were too caught up in office politics as I recall) being catapulted into the aftemath of nuclear war. I do remember one very vivid scene where as the alarms go off, the scene changes to a bunker where the head of the insect house (who did take the threat of war seriously because his insects had started to grow thicker shells) is sitting surrounded by his charges in safe carrying containers for them. I know it wasn't Threads as I still remember that one vividly, but the title completely escapes me. Thanks in advance for all your help and consideration.

Best Wishes, Whiteowluk

Re: Name Of Eighties BBC Series Starting In London Zoo During Nuclear Escalation, Ple

The Old Men At The Zoo.

Comment

Re: Name Of Eighties BBC Series Starting In London Zoo During Nuclear Escalation, Ple

Originally posted by willpurry View Post
      The Old Men At The Zoo.

Spot on! Thank you, willpurry. That's the series I was looking for.

Best wishes, whiteowluk

Comment

Working...
      X