Paddington Bear: UK's Favourite Animated Character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddington Bear: UK's Favourite Animated Character

Super Ted wasn't quite super enough. Wallace & Gromit won't be wearing the trousers any more. And, the meerkats? Just a bit too "simples". Because at the British Animation Awards in London this week, Paddington Bear from Peru was voted our best animated character of all-time.

Paddington was created in 1958 by former BBC cameraman Michael Bond, when it was unleashed on the public as a story book, of which 35 million copies around the world have been sold to date. The most popular of these were turned into TV animations, aired in the mid-70s, and they're still making kids everywhere consider marmalade sandwiches as a viable lunch option.

Three cheers for Paddington!

Do let us know your favourites below...
    Subscribe in a reader

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Paddington Bear: UK's Favourite Animated Character

I love Paddington and I'll always reach for a Paddington story to read to the kids at school.........I couldn't pick a favourite........i love them all

Comment

Just superb. I recently bought the DVD of the entire animated series. So funny, clever and well observed.

Comment

The animated series from the 70s was the best version-used to love seeing Paddingtons face when he didn't have his hat on....and the witty dialogue was brilliant. I used to like it when he'd munch on a sandwich or cake, his nose would go up and down and his kindly friend referred to him as 'young Mr Brown'...

Comment

And there were all the little jokes of slipping on the marmalade etc; tiny moments that could be missed.

I'm still looking for an authentic Paddington Bear (model like the animation).

Comment

When my wife and I heard this news we couldn't help but sing the theme tune.
            sigpic

Comment

We just have to have a link to that tune. It's not an identical version to the one I'm hearing on my DVD box set, but it's very close.

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Paddington_Bear.html

Comment

A joyous childhood memory, always brings a smile to my face and reminds me of 5.30 on an afternoon in the 70's

The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
                X