Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1980s PICKWICK TELL A TALE LADYBIRD HORROR CLASSICS: DRACULA

Hi Russ.

I sent you a PM regarding the Lost World Audio. I hope you get my message I have been searching for this audio for a long time with no luck. I would love to get a copy from you if that is possible?

Thanks

Justin

Comment

Hi Adam.

I also sent you a PM regarding the Lost World Audio, just in case Russ no longer uses this forum as I thought maybe you might also have a copy now after asking Russ

Thanks

Justin

Comment

Hi Audiohunter,

As I am subscribed to this page, I got an email to this effect. You're after The Lost World? Check out a PM I sent to you on how I have downloaded The Lost World and other stories. Enjoy!

Comment

Hi

I too am looking for The Lost World, but also other I had such as Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Secret Garden, Around the World in 80 days. I still have most of the tapes from the 80s (but no tape player) but since moving house can't find them - no doubt at the bottom of a packing box in the attic. If anyone can pass on a link to download these I would be very grateful. My kids love reading the ladybook books, but having the audio books as well would just be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by pirateplunder View Post
            Hi

I too am looking for The Lost World, but also other I had such as Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Secret Garden, Around the World in 80 days. I still have most of the tapes from the 80s (but no tape player) but since moving house can't find them - no doubt at the bottom of a packing box in the attic. If anyone can pass on a link to download these I would be very grateful. My kids love reading the ladybook books, but having the audio books as well would just be amazing.
            Hi Pirateplunder,

Please see PM I sent you...I think you'll be pleased!

Comment

Hi all, first time poster. I'm sure the answer to this will be no, but I'm desperately trying to find a resource for mp3 versions of the children's classics on tape from the 80s. I had most as a child but they're long gone now I'd love to get a hold of them all but specifically Around the world in 80 days, Tom Sawyer, the Railway Children and Tales from the Jungle book. I remember both Around the world and Tom Sawyer had Dvorak's New world Symphony accompanying the audio and the Railway Children had Beethoven's 6th, those books introduced me to the classics and to classical music. I'd happily buy the tapes or pay for Mp3s etc, if anyone can help I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks all,

Mike

Comment

Anyone??

Comment

Hi folks,

I had The Lost World and Journey to the Centre of the Earth as a youngster and have vivid memories of being encapsulated by the audio tapes... with age I now listen to alot of audio books or dramatisations and wonder how much the old tapes had an influence on that.

I've managed to get myself a good copy of The Lost World Ladybird book off ebay recently and have begun introducing snippets of the story to my kids but would love to be able to play them the audio that I recall so well. Would anyone be able to help me out with any of the digital recordings they have of either/both The Lost World of journey to the Centre of the Earth?

Very much appreciated if you can!

Comment

Just popping back in to see if anyone would be able to help with my request above and a recording of the original audio for the Ladybird The Lost World?

Comment

Hi ezeqiel just sent you a private message with these details.

Comment

Thanks folks for helping me out with the PM's received - very much appreciated!

Comment

Hey guys, I would also like ladybird the lost world. I pm-ed a few people my email addy. I'll check back soon, but if anybody knows where I can get the audio, I'd super appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Breck View Post
                            Hi there. I'm new here and spotted this thread about Pickwick Tell-a-Tale tapes, specifically the horror releases. I think I missed them the first time around, but they were re-released in the 90s as stand alone Pickwick tapes that I bought with my pocket money in Asda and elsewhere. I have Dracula, Frankenstein and The Hound of The Baskervilles on tape and have converted them all to MP3 if anyone's interested. I'd love to get MP3 versions of any that I don't have, and not only the horror releases as Journey to the Centre of the Earth etc sound fantastic! I've also got The Last of the Mohicans and Kidnapped if anyone's interested.
                            Hi Breck I would love to get hold of baskervilles again..many find memories of listening to that early 80's..thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Breck View Post
                              Update: I haven't converted Last of the Mohicans or Kidnapped to tape, sorry!
                              Hi,

Sorry to bother you after all this time, but i stumbled accross this page searching the net for these tapes, im desperatley seeking most of them, I dont suppose you still have them available or have them or have them uploaded somewhere??

I'd be really grateful if you could help me out.

cheers
                              :O)

Comment

Is this thread dead??? Could anyone help? Or point me in the right direction?

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X